Change the way the save files work

AMaleMan

Newcomer
I have found myself annoyed at the lack of ability to bring my save from Xbox to Pc.
Why not change it so that each save file has a certain code that you can either copy and paste of spend the time typing out.
This way you can then just enter the save code and it will take all the data of the save and put it into the new platform you are using.
Even if we could only generate these codes temporarily I am confident it would be greatly useful.
Even if its a super long code this would at least give us the ability to do it with enough effort.

Imagine playing all night on xbox then going to work with a switch and your save file has been loaded through the code.

The only issue I could imagine would be the ease of ability to edit your save files but having the string encrypted and decrypted by the game could maybe fix this

AMaleMan

Newcomer
I don't think you understand the variables that would need to be accounted for. A simple code couldn't replicate a save from scratch. The only other option would be for some sort of cloud storage that the code gives you access to, and that's not how SDV works currently... like at all.
well it would be nice to see it happen but I understand the difficulty

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Technically this is just a condensed way of sending an entire savefile like one can between pcs and mobile.

This is largely an issue regarding console manufacturers in that regard as they don't allow for file access. Most games that do allow for some form of file transfer from consoles rely on a cloud system like imnvs mentioned which stardew currently has 0 infrastructure for.

Technically this is just a condensed way of sending an entire savefile like one can between pcs and mobile.

This is largely an issue regarding console manufacturers in that regard as they don't allow for file access. Most games that do allow for some form of file transfer from consoles rely on a cloud system like imnvs mentioned which stardew currently has 0 infrastructure for.
Not entirely true, you cant access save files on consoles when they are saved on the console itself. However, as many console moders have known over the years. You can access console save files if they are saved to a external hard drive. This method still works to a degree if you're playing on the xbox one original but the series X is a lot more picky about the external hard drives it allows you to attach to it. It only likes xbox offical hard drives unfortunately