1.6 Update Cave Jellies

I am aware that the hot tip is to get to Level 100 ASAP due to trash getting hooked much more frequently than Lava Eels, but right now, I do not have the swordpower for that nor huge piles of stone. I haven't had any luck fishing up that Neptune's Glaive like I had had in my previous saves. How much fishing would I need to do on Level 20 if I wanted to get 3 Cave Jellies? I hope to get at least 10 by the time my Silver Axe is ready in about 4 days.

Bawby

Farmer
I am aware that the hot tip is to get to Level 100 ASAP due to trash getting hooked much more frequently than Lava Eels, but right now, I do not have the swordpower for that nor huge piles of stone. I haven't had any luck fishing up that Neptune's Glaive like I had had in my previous saves. How much fishing would I need to do on Level 20 if I wanted to get 3 Cave Jellies? I hope to get at least 10 by the time my Silver Axe is ready in about 4 days.
Hehehe "level 100". "Hot tip".
Sorry, I'd love to help, but I'm still on 1.5.

Antsy

Tiller
From what I understand, fishing up cave jelly is helped a lot by luck buffs so you might try a Lucky Lunch to improve your chances, as well any other luck buff items you have. It can show up quickly or not - it's very unpredictable in my experience, and not super common. But I haven't tried fishing there with a lot of luck buffs.

Update

I was actually lucky enough to Fish up a Treasure Chest containing a Broken Trident and I was able to take advantage of a Stardrop Luck day to get to Floor 20 of the Mines. So the next day (also a Stardrop Luck day), I tried fishing at Floor 20. In 10 in-game hours' worth of playing time, I was able to fish up 10 Cave Jellies. I slept after talking to a few more villagers, fishing some more at Shearwater Bridge (Stardew Expanded), safely tucking my Cave Jellies into a Chest near Shearwater Bridge, and shipping my catches of the day. I now have one more day to kill before Clint will have my Steel Axe ready for me.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Update

I was actually lucky enough to Fish up a Treasure Chest containing a Broken Trident and I was able to take advantage of a Stardrop Luck day to get to Floor 20 of the Mines. So the next day (also a Stardrop Luck day), I tried fishing at Floor 20. In 10 in-game hours' worth of playing time, I was able to fish up 10 Cave Jellies. I slept after talking to a few more villagers, fishing some more at Shearwater Bridge (Stardew Expanded), safely tucking my Cave Jellies into a Chest near Shearwater Bridge, and shipping my catches of the day. I now have one more day to kill before Clint will have my Steel Axe ready for me.
Sounds like quite a busy time

I guess this post could belong in the "What happened in your game today thread", but this topic is so fitting that I shall post it here:

So it seems like only yesterday when I was desperately hunting Cave Jellies so that I could build Fish Smoker machines. Well, between the time of my original post here and (actually) yesterday, I had been able to reach the bottom of the Mines, trade several spare "Jewels of the Sea" books for plenty of Cave Jellies to the Bookseller, and build over 10 Fish Smokers. Then yesterday, I had decided to complete Linus' Community Cleanup Special Order to collect 20 pieces of trash within a week. Having already gotten my hands on 9 of them (mostly through rummaging various trash cans scattered throughout Ridgeside Village), I eagerly head to floor 100 of the Mines. It turns out that ironically, the items that I had very much desired a little over a month ago had become my worst enemy. Before completing my "quest" to catch 11 more pieces of trash, I had gotten 9 Cave Jellies, 6 pieces of White Algae, 4 cans of Joja Cola, and even managed to hook 3 Lava Eels! I had also learned that unlike in version 1.5.6, any Joja Cola caught/rummaged during this quest does NOT count toward obtaining the 20 trash items.

I am beginning to strongly believe in that "artificial rarity spike" that someone had mentioned in another thread!