PC [HELP] [Cant open game on steam] Opens then closes right after.

joaovilareal

Greenhorn
Hi guys. I've been trying since yesterday to make my girlfriend game to work but I had no sucess at all.
I've been reading a lot of posts on forums and on steam about this error that occur on Microsoft Xna Framework and I know its very popular.

I have followed the steps as recommended in this troubleshooting, but did not work either.

Also I have tried most common things such as reinstalling the game, verifying game integrity etc.

Here's the error log from SMAPI (its in portuguese but basically is saying that the problem is with the 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll')

Technical details: System.BadImageFormatException: Não foi possível carregar arquivo ou assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' ou uma de suas dependências. não é um aplicativo Win32 válido. (Exceção de HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
File name: 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll'
em System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
em System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
em System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
em System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
em StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGamePresent() na C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:linha 80

Is there anything else that I can possibily do to try fix this? Her notebook is a bit old - 2015 - I feel like the solution is to completely reinstall windows, It looks like when I try to reinstall the framework it doesnt remove completely all the old archives she has, so I might be corrupted or something, because when I try to download the latest version of it it's says that she already has a better version or something.

Sorry if I'm not posting in the right section and asking for this help, but honestly I dont know what to do anymore, I might suggest her for a refund if this keeps happening.

Also sorry for my english, it's not my first language, but I hope I made the problem clear so we can find a solution.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
João.

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
Hi guys. I've been trying since yesterday to make my girlfriend game to work but I had no sucess at all.
I've been reading a lot of posts on forums and on steam about this error that occur on Microsoft Xna Framework and I know its very popular.

I have followed the steps as recommended in this troubleshooting, but did not work either.

Also I have tried most common things such as reinstalling the game, verifying game integrity etc.

Here's the error log from SMAPI (its in portuguese but basically is saying that the problem is with the 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll')

Technical details: System.BadImageFormatException: Não foi possível carregar arquivo ou assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' ou uma de suas dependências. não é um aplicativo Win32 válido. (Exceção de HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
File name: 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll'
em System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
em System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
em System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
em System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
em StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGamePresent() na C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:linha 80

Is there anything else that I can possibily do to try fix this? Her notebook is a bit old - 2015 - I feel like the solution is to completely reinstall windows, It looks like when I try to reinstall the framework it doesnt remove completely all the old archives she has, so I might be corrupted or something, because when I try to download the latest version of it it's says that she already has a better version or something.

Sorry if I'm not posting in the right section and asking for this help, but honestly I dont know what to do anymore, I might suggest her for a refund if this keeps happening.

Also sorry for my english, it's not my first language, but I hope I made the problem clear so we can find a solution.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
João.
Hi, instead of the copy paste of the error, could you upload your entire SMAPI log and link to it here?

also you need to check this thread [HELP] Game will not launch and try everything , users found a solution to this problem

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
one more solution, if previous one doesn't help
Press Windows + R to show a 'run' dialogue. Enter the folder path shown in the error to open the folder: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config Delete the machine.config file. Make a copy of the machine.config.default file, and rename the copy to machine.config

joaovilareal

Greenhorn
Hi, instead of the copy paste of the error, could you upload your entire SMAPI log and link to it here?

also you need to check this thread [HELP] Game will not launch and try everything , users found a solution to this problem
Hi, i tried finding this file but it doesn't seems to exist on her computer, there's only the "saves" file. It wasn't created any errorlogs.txt

I'll check this another solution you gave me, didn't try this one yet.

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
Hi, i tried finding this file but it doesn't seems to exist on her computer, there's only the "saves" file. It wasn't created any errorlogs.txt

I'll check this another solution you gave me, didn't try this one yet.
it's should be here and has name SMAPI-latest.txt or SMAPI-crash.txt
Code:
%AppData%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs