PC Cannot trigger grange judgement in Stardew valley fair

svetometo

Newcomer
Hello,

This happens in a Multiplayer game on a hosted server where we connect through the Steam app. We cannot get anymore a judgement at the fall 16 fair because the dialogue bubble when hovering over Lewis is no longer active or at least clicking on it seems to have no effect.

Since the judgement of the grange display should be triggered by this dialogue - "Oh... are you already finished setting up your grange display?", which we never see, we cannot proceed further and get points for the grange.

A few more details - the first year the Stardew valley fair ran smoothly. Then we had some sort of bug where the game would not proceed beyond a certain day - it wouldn't save. I think this was in summer Year 2 and we resolved that by triggering one of the festivals with the "debug festival <ID>" command, I strongly suspect that it was the fair festival. This effectively fast forwarded a season or a few seasons in the game.

I tried several things to resolve the issue and still have a save game on Fall 15 that I occasionally tweak with the hope to resolve it, but no luck so far.

Any idea what might be going on and why a dialogue bubble won't be clickable?

We have the following Mods active:
  • ConsoleCommands
  • SaveBackup
  • ShockServer (this is our hosting provider bot)
Versions are SMAPI 4.0.8 with Stardew Valley 1.6.8 build 24119.

There are no errors in the server log.

I appreciate your time reading through this. Hopefully someone will have an idea.

Odin

Staff member
I'm sorry, I realized I posted under the wrong forum, but I don't know what to do now...
Not a problem, I've moved your thread to Help & Bug Reports now. In the future if you post in the wrong section, you can always report your own post to let us moderators know it needs to be moved.

svetometo

Newcomer
I pushed harder to find what's causing that and I have a non-ideal workaround, again with a SMAPI command:

debug loaddialogue Lewis "Strings/StringsFromCSFiles:Event.cs.1535"

This will effectively get Lewis moving and trigger the judging of the grange.

It's not a very satisfying solution and I still don't know if the underlying problem is a bug in the game/mods or a corrupt save file. Maybe someone else playing on ShockByte servers can comment?