Windows Cannot find save file in PC files

nienke

Newcomer
Heya! I just tried to use the stardew checkup app to help me towards achieving perfection ingame. However, I cannot find my save file in the stardew folder in my PC's files. I use a PC with Windows 11, and have downloaded stardew through steam. I cannot get any further than C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley in my files; there is nowhere to click to see my save files. Has anyone here experienced the same issue and/or knows a fix? I have been googling for a while but all of the guides to fixing save file problems seem to require the existence of a folder that holds save files, and my issue is precisely that such a folder does not exist on my PC ( or, rather, I can't find it. I sure hope it's there lol).

Philobyte

Newcomer
Hi,
the save files are not in the game's folder, but in:
C:\users\<your user name>\appdata\roaming\stardewvalley

nienke

Newcomer
Hiya, in the folder from my user, there is no appdata folder or file to be found. I cannot find the safe files anywhere :')

Ereo

Helper
Hiya, in the folder from my user, there is no appdata folder or file to be found. I cannot find the safe files anywhere :')
when you take a screenshot in game, there’s a button to take you to the screenshots. The folder is in the same place as the save files so you should be able to find them through this.

nienke

Newcomer
when you take a screenshot in game, there’s a button to take you to the screenshots. The folder is in the same place as the save files so you should be able to find them through this.
This worked, thank you!!