Can I get iridium cheese from the iridium milk?

GoonieGGWW

Newcomer
Two of my cows just gave me iridium milk and I want to know if after processing the milk I would get the same iridium quality cheese or just gold quality cheese. And if it is like that, does this also applies to eggs? Thanks!

PD: I'm a begginer in this game with only 52 hours on ps4.

Boo1972

Farmer
You will get gold star cheese. Many people save high quality cheese to eat while mining or diving in skull cavern . If you want iridium starred cheese you will need to age cheese in casks. Casks are unlocked when you get the 3rd house upgrade from Robin. You can age wine, pale ale, mead or either types of cheese. There is a thread - what do you store in your casks- that has a more detailed discussion about using casks.

I hope you’re enjoying the game!

Ereo

Helper
Small Milk - cheese
Large milk - gold quality cheese
Same for goat milk.

Small egg - mayonnaise
Large egg - gold quality mayonnaise

There is only one exception where the quality of the raw product influences the quality of processed product.

ostrich eggs give 10 mayonnaise the same quality as the egg

imnvs

Local Legend
The only way to get silver quality or iridium quality cheese is by aging it. For this you need the final upgrade to your house which gives you a cellar and some casks (you can make more casks) in which to age things. These things include things like cheese and wine. (The top 4 things to age in your cellar, in order are starfruit wine, ancient fruit wine, goat cheese and then cheese.) So, you get a cellar and then put in some cheese and wait... if it was regular quality cheese you'll be waiting 4 weeks. It takes 1 week to get to silver quality, another week to get to gold and then 2 more weeks to get to iridium. If you put in gold quality cheese, you skip the first 2 steps and are only waiting 2 weeks for iridium quality cheese.