Windows [BUG] Windowed maximised not filling screen

robdog42

Newcomer
On a single screen when you click the maximise windows button (in the tile bar) 9 times out of 10 the game does not fill the entire screen, leaving a slice on the left side of the screen. sometimes you can jiggle the window to fill the screen by restoring and maximising, but as soon as you go in a menu it misaligns again.
This is occurring on Windows 10 on a display of 1920x1080 pixels with an Nvidia GTX 1070.

Attachments

Lew Zealand

Helper
Mine does the same thing and this started when I updated to v1.5.6 from v1.5.4 in the same save on the same computer yesterday. It's GOG so I actually uninstalled 1.5.4 and installed 1.5.6. No Mods, never modded.

FYI the game window is not smaller, but rather the whole window is offset to the right by a few pixels so the right hand side is offscreen a tad.

This doesn't happen when maximizing other windows in other apps. Windows 10 20H2, AMD RX 6600 XT video card.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Farmer
Ditto. I maximize it on screen 2, and it is offset by a few pixels to the right. I can see a sliver of it on screen 1

robdog42

Newcomer
This happens regardless of what other programs are running. I launch the game through steam, so that program is in the background, but I have found running a program like Chrome at the same time sometimes prevents this from occurring, but rarely.

rachiebee

Greenhorn
I've also been having this issue. A temporary fix I've found (kinda finicky) is going to the start menu, and clicking the button in the top right to go full screen, then again to go back to windowed. Then maximizing the window. Sometimes it doesn't work, but usually for me it prevents the window from misaligning again when opening a menu in game.

Reactions: Tom

OldGeezer

Newcomer
For anyone else who finds this thread. This is a bug when developers use their own custom borders and they aren't playing the Microsoft rules. Maximize on a monitor where there is a monitor to the left of it will often result in a 8-12 pixel gap on the left of the maximized window and those pixel can be seen on the monitor to the right of it if there is one. If you maximize the window then click it's taskbar object to minimize it, then click the taskbar object again to restore it to maximized you will bypass the developers overrides and Microsoft will correctly maximize the window to a single screen.

realAniram

Cowpoke
For anyone else who finds this thread. This is a bug when developers use their own custom borders and they aren't playing the Microsoft rules. Maximize on a monitor where there is a monitor to the left of it will often result in a 8-12 pixel gap on the left of the maximized window and those pixel can be seen on the monitor to the right of it if there is one. If you maximize the window then click it's taskbar object to minimize it, then click the taskbar object again to restore it to maximized you will bypass the developers overrides and Microsoft will correctly maximize the window to a single screen.
Further: If you're doing SMAPI and it's got the two windows together right click your taskbar, taskbar settings, and set combine taskbar buttons to something other than always so you can do the click in the taskbar fix.

(I know this forum is for non-modded bugs but it happens with the modded version and this is what came up with a Google search, fix works on modded too)

F.F.

Newcomer
Further: If you're doing SMAPI and it's got the two windows together right click your taskbar, taskbar settings, and set combine taskbar buttons to something other than always so you can do the click in the taskbar fix.

(I know this forum is for non-modded bugs but it happens with the modded version and this is what came up with a Google search, fix works on modded too)
Dear lord, someone please notify me when there's a permanent fix available for this irritating bug. It only happens on SMAPI in my case, but I'm sure both vanilla and modded will end up having similar solutions.

Fubuchi

Greenhorn
Dear lord, someone please notify me when there's a permanent fix available for this irritating bug. It only happens on SMAPI in my case, but I'm sure both vanilla and modded will end up having similar solutions.
I was back at the game after many years of not playing and the first thing I got is this issue, happened on both vanilla and smapi.

I am using windows 11 so I can't say for windows 10 but it worth a try. Instead of using the maximize button on the title bar, drag the windows to the top and let windows handle the maximization, it should work correctly

1671903642640.png

lunix

Newcomer
I am using windows 11 so I can't say for windows 10 but it worth a try. Instead of using the maximize button on the title bar, drag the windows to the top and let windows handle the maximization, it should work correctly
I'm on Windows 10 Home. This won't work on the first try, you have to let it fail the first time and then try again by taking it down and putting it back on top on the screen in one movement with your mouse.

If you maximize the window then click it's taskbar object to minimize it, then click the taskbar object again to restore it to maximized you will bypass the developers overrides and Microsoft will correctly maximize the window to a single screen.
this also worked

Bluetinity

Greenhorn
You can also use an app called borderless gaming, It even gets rid of the top bar while still letting you quickly switch windows without the short black-out thing that happens when switching from full screen