Solved [BUG] tearing

salihh

Greenhorn
My game tears when the camera starts moving and I couldn't see vsync in the settings. Anyone know how to fix it?

Lew Zealand

Helper
It's strange that your VSync setting is missing, here's what it looks like on a Mac (I also use Windows and it's in the same location):

vsync.png

salihh

Greenhorn
It's strange that your VSync setting is missing, here's what it looks like on a Mac (I also use Windows and it's in the same location):

View attachment 8420
Oh I didn't realize it was vsync because of the translation. But still the screen tearing continues. (I am writing from the translation, so there may be mistakes in the sentence, sorry)

salihh

Greenhorn
It gets better when I switch the game to windowed, but it continues in windowed unlimited (I'm playing full screen). I tried in different resolution but it didn't work, I wonder if it's a problem with nvidia settings?

Lew Zealand

Helper
You could try different (slightly lower) monitor refresh rates in Nvidia settings as I find that Stardew Valley only works at 60Hz (or 60fps) on my big computer screen. That monitor can do 144Hz but it seems that Stardew Valley cannot change its refresh rate up above 60FPS, so sometimes movement on the screen looks strange when I don't set the monitor to 60Hz.

Maybe try 59Hz if your Nvidia settings allow it. When I play another game (Rocket League) on another computer, it only displays correctly at 59Hz, not 60Hz for some reason. Monitors can be weird.

salihh

Greenhorn
You could try different (slightly lower) monitor refresh rates in Nvidia settings as I find that Stardew Valley only works at 60Hz (or 60fps) on my big computer screen. That monitor can do 144Hz but it seems that Stardew Valley cannot change its refresh rate up above 60FPS, so sometimes movement on the screen looks strange when I don't set the monitor to 60Hz.

Maybe try 59Hz if your Nvidia settings allow it. When I play another game (Rocket League) on another computer, it only displays correctly at 59Hz, not 60Hz for some reason. Monitors can be weird.
I found the problem. In the Nvidia control panel, I set my display setting to "Use my preferences and care about" and the tearing went away. Thank you for your help.

EdgarEat

Greenhorn
I found the problem. In the Nvidia control panel, I set my display setting to "Use my preferences and care about" and the tearing went away. Thank you for your help.
[/QUO

Check if vsync is enabled in your nvidia settings. All vsync and windowed mode add input lag to your game. Its around 25ms in most games. The game needs to be fixed!

EdgarEat

Greenhorn
Vsync introduces significan input lag. The game needs to be fixed and stop making the player compromise by picking their poison!