PC [BUG] Shipped Items Sold For Way More Than They Are Worth

ColorDeaf

Greenhorn
I was In a Discord call when my Friends said that they got 704,000$ from selling an ancient drum and 2 coal. It was a multiplayer lobby and the host passed out on the same day the items were sold. THERE WERE NO MODS. she is a new player and i doubt the host is a smart enough person to learn how to download a picture of a toaster. If anyone can recreate this situation, it would be nice to see if this can be recreated.

I will update this if any new information is found about this

(Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but they opened a chest and where they had 1 topaz they ended up having 574 instead the next morning.)

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
That.... sounds really wacky. Can you confirm FOR SURE that the host and the other player aren't using mods? This sounds very CJB Cheats mod and I'm just trying to think of scenarios where you would get that much money from selling an ancient drum and 2 coal without someone literally just adding a bunch of money to your game.

The '574' topaz could be explained if your chest was full and some players did the duplication/inventory glitch, but to me it really does sound like someone added those items into the game.

If you really can confirm everyone's honesty in the matter, I'm really interested to see more information if you have it, so I'll try to keep tabs on this thread. I don't have any suggestions other than that on what this issue or bug could be

ColorDeaf

Greenhorn
I see no reason for them to have modded the game, so I trust them completely. They just wanted to have a normal game of stardew and it went awry.

also I was told a glass shard may also have been added with the shipment. (not 100% sure) It was also the first day of summer year one. (in case that makes a difference)

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I understand you trust them, but I think it's worth asking and making sure since this is not really something that happens in a game and it's a very specific and strange bug that works in the players benefit, if it is a bug at all

ColorDeaf

Greenhorn
I have asked them, I asked them the moment cheats were suspected. I can't prove they weren't cheating, but i think it's fair to say they weren't seeing as they both have low experience with modding things, and the 2nd player downloaded the game like a week prior

I was In a Discord call when my Friends said that they got 704,000$ from selling an ancient drum and 2 coal. It was a multiplayer lobby and the host passed out on the same day the items were sold. THERE WERE NO MODS. she is a new player and i doubt the host is a smart enough person to learn how to download a picture of a toaster. If anyone can recreate this situation, it would be nice to see if this can be recreated.

I will update this if any new information is found about this

(Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but they opened a chest and where they had 1 topaz they ended up having 574 instead the next morning.)
How Did they do it?