PC [BUG] Requirements to get the Willy Backroom Request mail (Fixing boat)

BlaDe

Farmer
A challenge runners careful plans got thrown awry with the following interaction.

When you complete the CC or Joja Warehouse, the mail from Willy inviting you to fix the boat doesn't get sent until you touch the farm.

This challenge runner triggered the Warehouse cutscene, then teleported to the desert to farm in Skull Caverns the whole day, passing out in the desert without returning to the farm.

This threw his entire plan out a day.

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, I'm not sure that's a bug. It's probably intended behavior, but could also possibly be classified as an oversight.

Why couldn't the challenge runner, after learning this, replan and replay the day to accomplish their goal?

Yeah, unless skipping being on the farm on that day locks the letter for ever being sent, this is not as much a bug as an annoying requirement, which would fit better on the forum of game suggestions. Here it may probably be ignored as "Work as Intended".

BlaDe

Farmer
I don't see this being fixed, it is too minor and the workaround is known. However there is a chance it could be changed, hence the post here. (I.e the event check moved to Town instead of Farm).

I mainly want to have a reference somewhere in case someone else hits it and wonders what happened.