PC [BUG] Raised Slimes Disapearing in Doorway

FiggNewton

Newcomer
BUG - PC - English - Single-Player- USING SMAPI but the bug doesn't seem directly related

I was raising Slimes inside of a shed. I walked into the shed and stood in the doorway for a second because I got distracted by something. When my slime jumped through me to attack, they clipped into the black tile behind the doorway and disappeared forever. I was using the slime charmer ring, i dont know if that is relevant.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Hi FiggNewton,

Did you check around outside the slime hutch thoroughly? I would guess that when the slime "disappeared", it was warping from inside the hutch to the outside.
However, I'm not 100% sure about this. Regardless, the slimes shouldn't be able to get past the doorway area. I'm guessing that when that slime "jumped" at you, it may have been moving so fast that it bypassed the collision check that's supposed to happen near the door. We can definitely look into this bug. In the meantime, to prevent it from happening again, you could build a little fenced off "entry area" in your hutch with a gate on it.

Thanks for the report

FiggNewton

Newcomer
Thank you for your reply. I have built a fence around my entry area to prevent this as you've suggested. I'm pretty sure the slimes have completely disappeared it been a season since then and I haven't seen any rogue slimes wandering my farm. I tested to see if the same thing would happen in the slime hutch itself, and they just bounced off of the entry area as I suppose is intended, so it seems it might just be a problem with the unupgraded shed I have?

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Oh... I missed the part where you said you were raising them in a shed. I just assumed it was a slime hutch. Yes, that actually makes sense. Well the entry method I described should solve the problem for the shed.