PC [BUG] Multiplayer crash after sleeping

Madlee

Newcomer
Hello-

I am the host of a multiplayer farm with my friends. On our last day after we went to sleep, our earnings didn’t show, the screen went black, and the game crashed for everyone. When I reloaded the game, I realized that the name of our farm went away, our earnings went down to the starting amount of 500, and my character design went to default. When I loaded the farm (during spring), the blossoms were frozen on the screen, my relationships (for me only, not my friends) were gone, and the community center was no longer open. Strangely enough, my friends were not affected as much and we were still on the same day we left off on, but we were all really upset when it happened because the farm was so clearly ruined.

I was able to solve the issue after going into %appdata%, getting rid of my latest saves for the farm, and then changing the _old suffix.

I really want to know, however, why this might have happened, so I can try and prevent it in the future.

I know that my game has crashed a few times in the past after expanding my window to full screen (which might be a computer issue, I’m not sure) but it has never once hurt the farm to this degree.