PC [Bug] Mr. Qi's "Danger In The Deep" quest is bugged

holymind

Newcomer
In his quest, Mr. Qi challenges you to make it to the bottom of the mines in one week. However, after I accepted the quest I went to the Skull Caverns to collect stone for stairs and automatically completed the challenge upon entering the first level and received my 50 Qi Gems. I did not set foot into the "normal" mines. The quest no longer shows up in my quest log either meaning that it thinks I completed it successfully.

P.S: The quest is also bugged in saying that I have one week to complete the challenge yet the little clock and number said "3 days" while I was accepting it in the Walnut Room. I don't have pictures, sorry.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
P.S: The quest is also bugged in saying that I have one week to complete the challenge yet the little clock and number said "3 days" while I was accepting it in the Walnut Room. I don't have pictures, sorry.
All of Mr Qi's quests and all of the Special Orders Board quests begin on Monday. If you don't accept it until Friday, yes, it'll still say 1 week in the text but you'll only have 2 days to complete the quest.

HungryCorgi

Newcomer
I'm having the exact same issue with that quest. Do you have the challenge shrine on floor 120? It's not there for me but it apparently should show up on completion.

holymind

Newcomer
All of Mr Qi's quests and all of the Special Orders Board quests begin on Monday. If you don't accept it until Friday, yes, it'll still say 1 week in the text but you'll only have 2 days to complete the quest.
Ah that makes sense. I did not catch onto that, thank you.

Artesunate

Greenhorn
Exact same thing happened to me. Accepted the quest from the board but went to the Skull Mines before ever setting foot in the mines and got the 50 Qi gems and the quest marked as clear upon the first floor. My mine also is not reset and there is no challenge shrine on floor 120.

I also have an interesting issue here, my significant other and I are playing co-op and she accepted the quest while I was in skull cavern. The quest was completed instantly and I was also kicked out of skull caverns and back to the entrance. we have done more Qi quests since including danger in the deep and we now have the shrine of challenge. We are having a new problem though as we are unable to make the mines normal now, which is causing us to be unable to finish our monster slayer goal for dust sprites as they do not spawn on the challenge floors.

imnvs

Local Legend
I also have an interesting issue here, my significant other and I are playing co-op and she accepted the quest while I was in skull cavern. The quest was completed instantly and I was also kicked out of skull caverns and back to the entrance. we have done more Qi quests since including danger in the deep and we now have the shrine of challenge. We are having a new problem though as we are unable to make the mines normal now, which is causing us to be unable to finish our monster slayer goal for dust sprites as they do not spawn on the challenge floors.
Not quite the same issue.

Have you gone to floor 120 and tried deactivating the shrine?

Not quite the same issue.

Have you gone to floor 120 and tried deactivating the shrine?
when we first reached the bottom the real way and not through the bug it was there and deactivated, we didn't realize it was deactivated so she activated it, and then so did I, we have since both deactivated and waited days and still the mines are on their hard variant.

imnvs

Local Legend
when we first reached the bottom the real way and not through the bug it was there and deactivated, we didn't realize it was deactivated so she activated it, and then so did I, we have since both deactivated and waited days and still the mines are on their hard variant.
Okay, the way the shrine works is not "activated vs deactivated", so I'm not 100% sure... but, when the mine's in "hard mode", and you go to the shrine and click on it, it'll say, "Summon an ancient magi-seal protection, returning the mines to their original state?" and you click "Yes" to make it go back to normal. I think there is a decent chance that you glitched stuff by you both triggering it multiple times.

So... what I'd suggest? Backup your save now, just to make sure. Then, go back into the mines, just one of you, and trigger the shrine again. Then go to sleep. Check it the next day, see if it worked. If it did, you're good. If not, you can reload from your backup.

Okay, the way the shrine works is not "activated vs deactivated", so I'm not 100% sure... but, when the mine's in "hard mode", and you go to the shrine and click on it, it'll say, "Summon an ancient magi-seal protection, returning the mines to their original state?" and you click "Yes" to make it go back to normal. I think there is a decent chance that you glitched stuff by you both triggering it multiple times.

So... what I'd suggest? Backup your save now, just to make sure. Then, go back into the mines, just one of you, and trigger the shrine again. Then go to sleep. Check it the next day, see if it worked. If it did, you're good. If not, you can reload from your backup.
Just tried that, still didn't work :/ not sure what to do at this point. would it be possible to go into the save file and edit it to change that? or is there something else I should try. We really want to 100% but are currently unable to because of the missing dust sprites.

EDIT: We still have not managed to fix the underlying issue but we discovered that there are dust sprites in the hard mines, they just look different now, so we are able to reach our eradication goals now.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
You could try to do the quest again and see if that helps?

And this time stay out of the skull cavern and make the staircases beforehand.

The quest is reappearing.

You could try to do the quest again and see if that helps?

And this time stay out of the skull cavern and make the staircases beforehand.

The quest is reappearing.
Tried the quest multiple more times already, still can't get the mines to normal, we have accepted that this is our lives now lol.

Volty

Newcomer
My friends and I have run into this same issue! No matter how many times we trigger the shrine at level 120, we cannot get the mines back to normal.