Solved [BUG] Iridium Krobus is unobtainable

KevinDao

Newcomer
This is something that I have not seen many people discuss but basically, it is impossible to catch Iridium Krobus. According to a Reddit post, the player has to cast the fishing rod as far south as possible in the Cindersap Forest, which in this case is at the sewer's entrance. However, with a max fishing level buff of 16 (max base level of 10 + gold quality seafoam pudding + master enchantment), it is impossible to cast it to such a distance. However, using the sword swing glitch, I was able to get out of bound and got to the river located just beneath the sewer entrance. I cast the rod there and as soon as I caught something, the game crashes. It is stated by the same Reddit post that Iridium Krobus' item ID is 2369 while the furniture that is caught has the ID of 2428, which does not exist. This can explain why the game crashes for me. I have reached the summit and the Iridium Krobus is the only thing that I have yet to obtain. It would mean a lot if this problem gets fixed in the next patch! Here's the link to the Reddit post as I have mentioned above: https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/kp6dz6/lets_figure_out_how_to_get_the_last_piece_of/
Thank you!

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, your analysis of what is the maximum fishing level with all buffs possible is flawed, first off. (You forgot a cork bobber.)

Honestly, I'd stop trying to glitch out and fish from a place you shouldn't be. That may be causing the problem in the first place. Just fish from over by the Hat Mouse's place.

Tyndel

Newcomer
I also reported this in my thread, here. You can absolutely fish in front of the sewers with fishing level 15+ and in my case the game didn't crash. Once I fished there I went to sleep and my save file got flagged with caughtIridiumKrobus, despite just fishing up a regular sunfish.