Switch [Bug] inventory softlock

Fredster

Newcomer
I guess this is not a bug per se. But unfortunately I just got softlocked while browsing my inventory.
I'm in the caves with a full inventory. There's more items lying around so I want to check with the community center what I need and what I can get rid of. I open a bundle page to check. On that menu screen I pick up an item from my inventory into my hand cursor. The empty slot in my inventory immediately gets filled with another item from the floor next to me. I cannot exit the menu screen with an item in my hand and I cannot get rid of it.

I guess there is no solution to my problem at the moment?

Possible fixes:
- disallow item pickup on these menu screens
- disable item collection while on these menu screens
- add a trash can on these menu screens

Have you tried using the "Delete item" shortcut? Well, I'm assuming the Switch has a delete shortcut that takes the item on the cursor and trashes it. (in PC we can do that with the Del key).

Here's what I'm seeing on the wiki:

Pressing B after selecting an item(s) from your inventory will move it to the trash icon.

Fredster

Newcomer
The trash icon isn't present in the CC bundle screens which means the cursor cannot move there. I pressed all buttons.
By now I have closed the software and started the day over. I guess the problem only exists when playing with controller style menus. It could be a real bummer to start over after a busy day or after getting a very rare item drop.

taffrichards

Newcomer
Is there a solution for this or do you have to restart the day? It’s just a pain after doing so much and I wanted to check if it was solved :/