PC [BUG] I can't find Leo now that I have 6+ hearts with him.

Emm_husband

Newcomer
Before I say anything, I will be talking about things that happen after the 6 hearts cutscene with Leo. I will be talking about things that are a result of that cutscene. This has been your spoiler alert.

I am trying to build up my heart level with Leo to get the Magno Sticky Rice recipe to complete the game. Every time I try to gift a loved Item to Leo, I check the time and then go to his Wiki page to check his schedule, but I can never find him. I play a modded version of the game and figured it may have been a mod, but I removed all of my mods and went to visit the treehouse that is next to Linus' tent, and he's not there. It's raining, the 7th of fall, year 4. On his wiki page, it says that he stays in his house from 7 am to 10 am when he leaves to visit Linus' tent. I have tried several times to find him to do this and it never fails that he's not where he's supposed to be. The only thing I can think is that there's some sort of bug happening, and I do still have 6 hearts with him. They haven't dropped below 6 since I got them up to it. If anyone has had a similar issue and has found a fix, or just knows of a fix for it anyway, I'd appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you in advance <3

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, first thing's first, removing mods that have already affected your save may not remove the buggy behavior caused by the mods.

Odin

Staff member
I play a modded version of the game and figured it may have been a mod, but I removed all of my mods and went to visit the treehouse that is next to Linus' tent, and he's not there.
As Imnvs mentioned, if one of your mods caused an issue with the save itself, removing the mod unfortunately won't change anything because the issue has already been created. I would recommend launching the game through SMAPI and playing through a day, saving, and then checking to see if you can find Leo the next day.

You can also try resetting your game files.
On Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
On GOG: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003930017?product=gog

Emm_husband

Newcomer
As Imnvs mentioned, if one of your mods caused an issue with the save itself, removing the mod, unfortunately, won't change anything because the issue has already been created. I would recommend launching the game through SMAPI and playing through a day, saving, and then checking to see if you can find Leo the next day.

I went through all the steps and moved all my mods to another folder to make sure I don't lose them, and I finally found him. But he's definitely not where he's meant to be. He's gone back to the island and is living in his treehouse there again. I don't understand why he's there when the mainland treehouse is definitely built and everything. It's Tuesday the 9th of fall, year 3. The Wiki says he's supposed to be hanging out around the treehouse and the lake, with Linus and such, but he's not. I'm extremely confused by this. if you're aware of anything else that I could do to fix things, id be super grateful for the help :)

imnvs

Local Legend
I went through all the steps and moved all my mods to another folder to make sure I don't lose them, and I finally found him. But he's definitely not where he's meant to be. He's gone back to the island and is living in his treehouse there again. I don't understand why he's there when the mainland treehouse is definitely built and everything. It's Tuesday the 9th of fall, year 3. The Wiki says he's supposed to be hanging out around the treehouse and the lake, with Linus and such, but he's not. I'm extremely confused by this. if you're aware of anything else that I could do to fix things, id be super grateful for the help :)
Your savefile has been modified by the mods, which is why you see this behavior despite removing the mods. I'm not sure what to edit, but maybe @BlaDe has an idea?

Quirinea

Farmer
I've been wondering the same thing. I had Leo at two hearts and was his birthday. Gave him an iridium rainbow shard (from a fishing mod, in case you wonder how that's possible) and suddenly got the cutscene for him moving to the mainland. Then suddenly he's staying at the island again (is at 7 hearts at the moment). I just wonder what mod might cause this.

Well well well... I had another playthrough where this did not happen (Leo moved to Mainland and mainly stayed there). The most probable culprit would be Juliet and Jessie (as it affects Linus). The other "main mod" I have added is "Walk to the desert Redux". Hard to check as most of these have requirements which have requirements... resulting in 10 new mods trying to add one...

(to OP: NPCMapLocations is handy as it shows where the NPC:s actually are -- not where they are supposed to be; good for both finding them in general and hunting oddities)