PC [BUG/HELP?] Gus's dialogue

sock

Greenhorn
Hi! I'm having trouble with Gus's dialogue, I can't get his regular lines after the first-day introduction. He just keeps repeating the saloon lines (seen below) even when he's not in the saloon.

Screenshot (52).png

I've tried removing my mods, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, verifying the integrity of the game files, starting on a new game, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know what to do/have the same issue? Or is it meant to be that way? I'm using the latest 1.5.1 version of the game, in English and single player.

Last edited:

Bilbo boggins

Greenhorn
I'm having the same issue, the same "Good evening. Can I get you anything?" dialogue comes over and over again.

Apparently it counts as if I was talking to him normally?

I've also tried everything and I'm on the latest version in English and singleplayer.

RD Bury

Cowpoke
I don't know if this has always been a problem or it only started to happen with the recent update. But I found this annoying too so I did a quick and dirty mod to fix it. I really want to be able to get everyone's dialog because I'm using the game to practice a foreign language; more dialog = more practice. Now, on my copy of the game, Gus takes a stroll up to the Community Center on most mornings, and I can get his "normal" dialog while he's outside. It's only my second attempt at modding a game, so I'm not really familiar with the process, but I only had to modify one .XNB file to make it happen. Anyway, FWIW, I recorded the process and posted it on my YouTube channel.

Nerdahedron

Newcomer
This sounds great. I'd love to know the fix for this. How do I find your channel? Old thread, hope you are still around! :smile: