Switch [Bug] dead spot in 4 corners map

Proto-Nerd

Tiller
While trying to plant trees along the top of the "forest" corner in the four corners map I found that there are two "dead" spaces in the top of that corner that can not be planted in despite being able to interact with these spots using other items (ie. The hoe/watering can etc.)

Trees were able to be planted in the usual manner along the rest of the cliff with the tree inside three by three square for proper growth.

I had begun planting from the shrine and moved toward the inner corner of the map to find these two spaces side by side that would not allow me to plant in, all squares surrounding the two could be planted in aside from the one to the top of the squares as that space is too close to the cliff for trees to be planted.

Pictures below to show that the tiles in question appear to only be affected by trying to plant trees in either square. Tiles are able to be tilled and planted in with regular seeds.

Playing on Nintendo switch, Ver. 1.4.4

Thank you!

IMG_20200421_235515640.jpg
IMG_20200421_235607643.jpg
IMG_20200421_235611289.jpg
IMG_20200421_235432736.jpg
IMG_20200421_235425842.jpg

Flicker

Interesting. I'd never played the four corners map before, but I started a new file just to test this, and I had the same issue. I'm on the same version and platform as you, too.

I wonder if this bug exists in all versions of the game?

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
I know what's happening. It's because I used the standard farm map as a "base" and then adjusted it to create 4 corners. Those dead tiles are right below where the farm cave would be on the standard map. The reason they are blocked off like that is because trees or tall buildings there would interfere with the layered graphics that are necessary for the cave entrance. I must've forgotten to remove the data from those tiles for the 4 corners map. This will be fixed in the next update. Thank you