Switch [BUG] Dark talisman quest Nintendo switch

Naddybum

Cowpoke
I am experiencing an issue where the dark talisman quest will not activate. I have finished the community centre, I'm on the new beach island, I have visited the mountain at different times of the day and I have almost full hearts with the wizard. Can someone please help me?

imnvs

Local Legend
Have you visited the train station? That is technically a separate area from the mountains.

imnvs

Local Legend
Is it possible you accidentally skipped the cutscene and didn't notice? Have you tried talking to Krobus?

Naddybum

Cowpoke
Is it possible you accidentally skipped the cutscene and didn't notice? Have you tried talking to Krobus?
Yes I have tried and he just lets me buy stuff from his shop. Wouldn't the mission/task be in my journal too (it isn't in there).

imnvs

Local Legend
It should, yes, but I wanted to be sure, to troubleshoot.

I know you said all different times... but all I can say is to make sure to show up between noon and 6. If it's still not working, I can't help you further, I'm afraid.

leeds55

Greenhorn
Aware this is an old thread, and imnvs was kind enough to also reply to the similar query in April 2021, has anyone else come up with other ways to investigate perceived Switch issues, particularly with this cutscene/quest?
I'm pretty sure I've met the prerequisites because I've got the Stardew Valley Hero trophy, and I've tried entering the railroad area at 11:00, 14:00, 18:00. Interacting with the block to the cave shows the ??? dialog, the force field is still in place by the mutant bug lair, Krobus just gives the shop (other than Fridays, when they mention their dedication to Yoba in dialog first), and I have no active quest in the log.