Issue [BUG] Clint is stuck outside

Alpacalysa

Newcomer
My friend and I have been having an issue when playing together that Clint will continue to stay outside the entire day and never goes inside. This was on a wednsday and a thursday when he was supposed to be inside and opening up shop. I am not sure how to fix this issue. We tried restarting but it did nothing, and he just does the same thing the next day. Can't really play the game well without being able to upgrade tools and he is currently holding my pickaxe hostage!! What can I do to fix this???

Wingheart

Sodbuster
Have you reset your content folder? (Verify integrity of game files on Steam - save files will be fine but any broken files will be fixed.)

Alpacalysa

Newcomer
Yes we have mods: Auto animal doors, bigger backpack, cjb show item sell price, and a few others like that. if I had to guess as to what's causing it it would probably be stardew valley expanded as thats the only one we have that changes npcs

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, on GOG (which is what I use instead of Steam), go to the game on the platform, then to settings, and then manage installation which shows the Verify/Repair option. I imagine it is similar on Steam.

Alpacalysa

Newcomer
Well, on GOG (which is what I use instead of Steam), go to the game on the platform, then to settings, and then manage installation which shows the Verify/Repair option. I imagine it is similar on Steam.
Tried it but it didn't work:/

imnvs

Local Legend
Tried it but it didn't work:/
Hmmm... from what I understand, you can't just turn of SVE and continue that game. Have you tried turning off each of the other mods one at a time and see if turning off one of them works? If not, it's likely a problem with SVE in some way, and you might be better off going straight to the folks that make the mod, you know?

mouse

Farmer
The first step in mod troubleshooting will almost always be uploading your SMAPI log. This page has instructions on how to find it and share it with others.

(Since you're playing multiplayer, it might also be useful to provide logs from both parties, especially if you aren't the host!)