PC [BUG] Chat box on start up and issues with pausing the game

catlady

Newcomer
Hi,
I've come across a couple of bugs which I have yet to find solutions for:

First of all, I'm playing the game on a PC (Windows 10), the game is up to date to the latest version.

1- Chat box is on as soon as I load into the game, I play single. The only way that's worked for me is to restart the game a number of times for it to go away. I've clicked and pressed everything and nothing happens. Can an option to disable the chat box in the settings be a feature? I suppose this question can be asked in another thread.

2- Character gets stuck in a loop of an action such as selecting items or constantly moving, this happens after returning from pausing the game, I use duel monitors and sometimes need to use my second screen, the game doesn't like this. Restarting the game and sometimes just letting the loop do its thing seems to help as it eventually stops. It's as if it's repeating any action I've done on the other screen.

I love this game and I'm really enjoying it. Appreciate some feedback on the above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riolyne

Newcomer
I also have this issue. I thought it was my keyboard but it's happening on a new keyboard.

My setup
Windows 10 pro, Latest version with the patch on the 24th, purchased through steam
Dual monitors, no mods, I've never played it in multiplayer, there's been no farm hand cabins built.

Occasionally I'll use a controller but the same issues occur. If I load the game and it's not loading with the chat bar open, if I switch tools or move a bunch and hit various keys it will eventually stop.

This has been happening since the 1.5 update.
Edit: This actually hasn't been happening since the 1.5 update it was happening prior to it. It was happening before it along with the following issues. If I got one of these issues the rest tended to happen in the same session.

If I clicked off the screen or hit escape to pause and go to a workstation, sometimes I could come back and everything would be fine but then I'd discover I can't press escape and bring up the menu again.

Last edited:

catlady

Newcomer
I also have this issue. I thought it was my keyboard but it's happening on a new keyboard.

My setup
Windows 10 pro, Latest version with the patch on the 24th, purchased through steam
Dual monitors, no mods, I've never played it in multiplayer, there's been no farm hand cabins built.

Occasionally I'll use a controller but the same issues occur. If I load the game and it's not loading with the chat bar open, if I switch tools or move a bunch and hit various keys it will eventually stop.

This has been happening since the 1.5 update.
Edit: This actually hasn't been happening since the 1.5 update it was happening prior to it. It was happening before it along with the following issues. If I got one of these issues the rest tended to happen in the same session.

If I clicked off the screen or hit escape to pause and go to a workstation, sometimes I could come back and everything would be fine but then I'd discover I can't press escape and bring up the menu again.
Have you found a way to get rid of the chat box? especially since the only way I can get rid of it is by restarting the whole game and it's getting a bit tedious.

catlady

Newcomer
No I haven't figured it out yet. It's gotten to the point that I can't play anymore.
Riolyne, try the new update, I've noticed that the issues aren't showing anymore, might be just luck but give it a try and let me know. The latest update might have fixed the issue, it's worth checking it out.

laceihaim

Greenhorn
Hello all, i have found a way to fix the issue it worked for me,

1. you delete the text in the chat, my character was /
2. you write the character in the chat that was stuck in the start, mine was /
3. you just hit enter.

So the thing is that you delete and then type in chat a character and hit enter.

This have cleared the bug for me :D