PC [BUG] Biome Balance Quest not counting all of my fish

Sneffy

Greenhorn
I had accepted the Biome Balance Quest from Demetrius and was told to catch 20 Lake Fish. However, it didn't seem to count every fish. By the time I had completed the quest I had caught 25 fish.

Also, it might be helpful to specify that the Lake Fish need to be caught in the Mountain Lake, as I tried the forest lake first.

Playing on Windows PC, Single Player.

Attachments

Ereo

Helper
Also, it might be helpful to specify that the Lake Fish need to be caught in the Mountain Lake, as I tried the forest lake first.
Lake always means the mountain lake. The one is cindersap forest is called the forest pond. Although I'm not sure if that is actually referenced in game.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes, fishing in the pond can get you fish that are also lake fish, and those will count towards the special order, but those fish that can be found in the pond but not the lake (smallmouth bass and pike) will not count.

I'm going to guess that if you check, you have 5 pike or smallmouth bass in that group of 25 fish you caught.

hanarang

Newcomer
I think that it's a bug that relates to fish that also can be caught in the river doesn't count...this happend for me to I noticed that the rainbow trout didn't count.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yes, fishing in the pond can get you fish that are also lake fish, and those will count towards the special order, but those fish that can be found in the pond but not the lake (smallmouth bass and pike) will not count.

I'm going to guess that if you check, you have 5 pike or smallmouth bass in that group of 25 fish you caught.
Or rainbow trout, those sometimes mess it up.

*edit, yup, 5 rainbow trout