Buff Glittering Boulder, Please

DemiserofD

Sodbuster
The Glittering Boulder is a cool, but sadly pretty useless. The amount of ore you ultimately get from panning just doesn't...pan out.

Heh.

Anyway, it would be neat if removing the boulder had some other effects:

Increased chance of finding treasure while fishing.
Very rarely, you can find TWO treasures in a single catch.
Crab Pots can now find ore/coal directly, replacing some percentage of what would otherwise have been Junk.

Something that might not be possible, but it would be cool if finding ore changed the way you play. Right now, you see the glittering spot and mostly just grab it and go about your business. But what if the type of ore you find indicated that a lode of that ore was exposed in the Mines? After all, that's why it washed downstream, right?

So whenever you find a particular type of ore, you get a message saying "What a find! A vein of ore must be exposed!", followed by a short(~6 hour) buff to finding that type of ore in the mines, and you'll tend to find more veins/clusters of that kind of ore. So you'll immediately want to sprint to the mines and mine as much of it as you can, before the buff expires!

Oh, and one more thing! What if, once a day, the underground lakes had a chance of spawning a huge number of glitter spots? You check them and they've got like 8-12 of them, all around the outsides. These probably shouldn't give the buff, but would be a good bonus source of ore!

Anyways, just some ideas, it would be nice if finishing the fishing bundle was a bit more rewarding!

Ellajoy

Rancher
The Glittering Boulder is a cool, but sadly pretty useless. The amount of ore you ultimately get from panning just doesn't...pan out.

Heh.

Anyway, it would be neat if removing the boulder had some other effects:

Increased chance of finding treasure while fishing.
Very rarely, you can find TWO treasures in a single catch.
Crab Pots can now find ore/coal directly, replacing some percentage of what would otherwise have been Junk.

Something that might not be possible, but it would be cool if finding ore changed the way you play. Right now, you see the glittering spot and mostly just grab it and go about your business. But what if the type of ore you find indicated that a lode of that ore was exposed in the Mines? After all, that's why it washed downstream, right?

So whenever you find a particular type of ore, you get a message saying "What a find! A vein of ore must be exposed!", followed by a short(~6 hour) buff to finding that type of ore in the mines, and you'll tend to find more veins/clusters of that kind of ore. So you'll immediately want to sprint to the mines and mine as much of it as you can, before the buff expires!

Oh, and one more thing! What if, once a day, the underground lakes had a chance of spawning a huge number of glitter spots? You check them and they've got like 8-12 of them, all around the outsides. These probably shouldn't give the buff, but would be a good bonus source of ore!

Anyways, just some ideas, it would be nice if finishing the fishing bundle was a bit more rewarding!
Yes!

...Crab Pots can now find ore/coal directly, replacing some percentage of what would otherwise have been Junk.

I like that idea.

Maybe it could be changed a bit for Ginger Island, even if I have no idea at the moment what could be special there...!?

I get good luck panning but that's just me. However I will say it's silly to get more ore,mins and geodes fishing than panning. Let panning be based of your mining skill. When your a novice yeah 1 copper makes sense but as you become a better miner you should recognize the ores you were tossing out in error and get more.

Side note panning should be treated more like a artifact spot as well. Occasional finding gears, bones, glass shards, and maybe a dinosaur egg.