Bombs and Mining Experience

qaija

Sodbuster
The wiki details the amount of experience gained when breaking open certain nodes. If those nodes are opened by a bomb you drop, do you get experience? My guess is no but is there a definitive answer to the question?

Hill Myna

Farmer
I must be the only playing on this forum who doesn't use bombs regularly.
Bombs are great! Wherever you prefer to mine, whether that be the normal Mines, Skull Cavern, the Volcano Mines, or the dangerous Mines, I would always recommend them.

Benefits of using Bombs:
  • You'll end up coming out of a mining session with several hundred Stone, dozens of Geodes and loads of Coal that you wouldn't have got otherwise.
  • You'll find ladders faster.
  • You'll be more manoeuvrable.
  • You'll save energy by not spending it all on pickaxing rocks.
Downsides of using Bombs:
  • The cost of mining is more expensive. However, the Iron and Coal that you mine can negate that cost, and the extra resources that you gather can be sold in order to buy Bombs from the Dwarf. This leaves you pretty much neutral in terms of resources spent, but you still get all the other benefits!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I must be the only playing on this forum who doesn't use bombs regularly.
I don't use them regularly, instead only for Skull Cavern deep dives which are very rare for me, and...

just for the LOLs. Sometimes it's just fun to Bomb the snot out of the Quarry you've let go too long. Or the rare really dense level in the Mines as it really is quite pleasant to pick up all that loot with 2 Magnet Rings' worth of Magnetism, even if it's mostly Stone. Actually it's these dense levels which make me not want to Bomb mine in general as without all those dense rock or ore nodes, the Bombing feels empty. When throwing big BOOMS over your screen, the last thing you want to feel is meh.