Blue Discus fish pond

MeAnnie

Newcomer
Hi guys, just wondered if it’s possible to breed the Blue Discus in my pond in the valley farm, and if so, will it still give me a chance at golden coconuts? Otherwise, Will Robyn build a pond on Ginger Island?

imnvs

Local Legend
Robin can not build on the island.

You can breed any fish in a fish pond. Just stick one in and wait, do the fish quests, and then when your blue discus pond has a population of 9+ you indeed have the chance to get golden coconuts... and that's honestly the only way to do it.

MeAnnie

Newcomer
Robin can not build on the island.

You can breed any fish in a fish pond. Just stick one in and wait, do the fish quests, and then when your blue discus pond has a population of 9+ you indeed have the chance to get golden coconuts... and that's honestly the only way to do it.
ok, so now I’m wondering how I get the fish quest? hehe

Ereo

Helper
Once you have at least one fish, a new one will appear after a certain amount of days. If the fish pond is full, instead of a new fish you get the quest to make it bigger. An exclamation mark appears on the pond and it will tell you what to bring.

imnvs

Local Legend
The quests are given to you by the fish in the pond. They'll stop breeding after they reach a certain population and then, as Ereo said, an exclamation mark pops up above the pond itself. The population numbers that fish give quests at varies from fish to fish. Additionally, every fish has its own list of things they will pick from to ask for, and the list varies at each population number they get to as well.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Overall if you're interested in Golden Coconuts because of course you want to Tailor a swim top to match every color clothing item in the game, it's quickest to shake the Palm trees to the West of your Ginger Home every day or at least every time you pass by there. They are a rare (but not that rare) drop and you can trade in 10 regular Coconuts for a Golden one at the Island Trader (after you crack your first one at Clint's). And regular Coconuts are a common drop from shaking those trees. I've gotten dozens of Golden Cocos that way.