Birthday for your own character

Clark123

Cowpoke
I mean, all villagers in the valley have their own birthdays but you don't have your own. I suggest that our own characters have their customized birthdays. (And probably, your close friends might give you gifts too depends on what you like/love)

I think the farmer should be assigned a random date as their birthday after character creation. I like the idea that villagers over a certain heart level might give you a gift on that day. Not sure how they would determine what the farmer likes or loves though.
Maybe it could be based on your two highest or most used skills? So if you fish a lot, you might get special bait or a lure. If you farm the most, you might get seeds or soil/fertilizer. If you mine the most, you might get a metal bar or stack of coal. That kind of thing.

Edit: And whichever parent writes to you in the early game should always send you a letter on that day, wishing you a happy birthday and maybe including a cake or something.

Last edited:

Clark123

Cowpoke
I think the farmer should be assigned a random date as their birthday after character creation. I like the idea that villagers over a certain heart level might give you a gift on that day. Not sure how they would determine what the farmer likes or loves though.
Maybe it could be based on your two highest or most used skills? So if you fish a lot, you might get special bait or a lure. If you farm the most, you might get seeds or soil/fertilizer. If you mine the most, you might get a metal bar or stack of coal. That kind of thing.

Edit: And whichever parent writes to you in the early game should always send you a letter on that day, wishing you a happy birthday and maybe including a cake or something.
I like this suggestion!

Rather than being random, it should be part of character creation and allowed to change in the Wizard's Tower.

Of course, one will still have just one birthday per year so changing the birthday after having already a birthday won't do anything until the next year.

It could be two UI elements below the pant color sliders: one for the seasons, and one for the days.

Clark123

Cowpoke
Rather than being random, it should be part of character creation and allowed to change in the Wizard's Tower.

Of course, one will still have just one birthday per year so changing the birthday after having already a birthday won't do anything until the next year.

It could be two UI elements below the pant color sliders: one for the seasons, and one for the days.
May I ask, what's the reason and relevance for the "Birthday change"?

May I ask, what's the reason and relevance for the "Birthday change"?
For the same reasons you can customize other features of the character: whatever the player may need it for. For example, you could invite someone to play with you in multiplayer and want to change the birthdays so they coincide on the same day, or don't if they do.

ZSE3452

Greenhorn
For the same reasons you can customize other features of the character: whatever the player may need it for. For example, you could invite someone to play with you in multiplayer and want to change the birthdays so they coincide on the same day, or don't if they do.
Imagine every day you change your birth day to troll your friend. like in everyday
"hey today my birthday give me diamond"

ZSE3452

Greenhorn
it will be expensive to change so even if you change every day it will be not cost efficent. it will not create op farming strategies

LRangerR

Local Legend
Other games have a mechanic in character creation like this. It's not a terrible idea, and could add a little bit of depth/immersion to gameplay that I think a lot of people would enjoy.