Bird Feathers

I remembered awhile back I had 2 huge ideas for birds and for the museum I had posted on the Chucklefish forums. I figured I'd post them here as well.

This post will focus on a new hobby, collecting bird feathers, and the next one will focus on an upgrade to the museum which could add some great end-game or even early game content.

We see a few different wild birds in the game. We see crows, owls, seagulls, woodpeckers, and bluebirds. Like with insects, they're just there for decor (except crows that actually are an issue to deal with) and it got me thinking, we should be able to interact with them in some way. That gave me the idea for collecting bird feathers for a new hobby or even something new to give to the museum.

Bird feather collecting would be something a bit like foraging. Different birds for different seasons, there's a chance for a bird to spawn and a chance for it to drop a feather. Typically if you come close to certain birds; seagulls, bluebirds, woodpeckers, they'll take off and fly away. They could have a 50% chance of leaving behind a bird feather. Owls would be a bit harder to find since they're fairly rare to see. Crows would be quite annoying since they only spawn to eat crops. You'd basically have to purposely not have some crops protected for a chance to get a crow to spawn and for it to drop a feather.

More birds would obviously be added to actually make collecting all feathers a big but rewarding task. Jays, cardinals, finches, cranes, sparrows, robins, wild ducks, etc

Thats my idea for collecting bird feathers. Fun? Boring? Too much stuff to add? Comment below!

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
Maybe there could be a chance of finding certain feathers by shaking trees as well :)

Collecting bird feathers is making me think of Assasins Creed. Lol I like where the idea is going. It's giving more side errands to do in-game.