Best Infinity Weapon?

JamieDactyl

Farmhand
What is, in your opinion, the best infinity weapon? I currently use a sword as it has always been my go-to but the gavel seems pretty good too!

Also, what are the best gems to forge my weapon with? Currently I have an infinity blade with 96-120 damage, and I am not sure which gems I forged it with. Is there any way to tell?

Hill Myna

Farmer
Also, what are the best gems to forge my weapon with? Currently I have an infinity blade with 96-120 damage, and I am not sure which gems I forged it with. Is there any way to tell?
The base Damage of the Infinity Blade is 80-100. If you add +20% to both those numbers you get 96 and 120. There are several ways that you might have increased the Damage of your weapon. The first is Combat professions. If you are a Fighter (Level 5 choice) then you do +10% Damage, and if you are a Fighter}Brute you add another 15%. Iridium Bands and Ruby Rings also do +10% Damage, and so does forging a Ruby onto your weapon.

But there is a catch. Weapon stat bonuses from Professions and Rings will not appear on your weapon's description tag. Only bonuses from Forging will be visible. So this means that, as far as my knowledge goes, you have forged 2 Rubies onto your Infinity Blade. You can only forge a maximum of 3 gems onto a weapon, so unless you also did a different type of gem, you still have 1 slot left.

The only stats I'd bother boosting on a sword would be Speed (Emeralds), Damage (Ruby), or maybe Defense (Topaz). The other 3 stats that you can boost are Knockback (Amethyst), Critical Hit Chance (Aquamarine), and Critical Hit Damage (Jade). These don't help much on a sword, but keep in mind they can be pretty great for daggers.

If I were enhancing an Infinity Blade, I'd probably put 3 Rubies onto it, since its Speed is already +4, and you don't need to buff Defense when you've got lots of food.

But I don't enhance Infinity Blades. I enhance an Infinity Gavels.

The base stats of an Infinity Gavel are +2 Speed, +1 Defense, and +5 Weight, so it's already got some oomph. I personally like to add 1 Emerald, so that the Speed becomes +4 (which is still slower than the +4 Speed of the Infinity Blade, since clubs are just slower no matter what), and 2 Rubies, just because the more Damage the better. This is enough for me to use it like a sword, except it does more Damage, and it's got a downright superpower:

If you press the "check" button and then spam the "use tool" button, you do significantly more Damage in a small amount of time, over a very large radius, and knock Monsters further away. All clubs have this special power. You simply have to wait for its "cool down" to finish and you can do it again. The Scout}Acrobat cuts this time in half, and so does the Artful enchantment.

All swords have got to offer is a move that blocks any Damage for a short period of time, except if you just swing your sword correctly, you still don't get Damage, you knock the pursuing Monster back, and you hurt it as well! But I can totally understand why someone would use a sword. They take less practice, and give you lovely, instant, roaring, electrified Speed! All right at your fingertips.

I'm still on the fence between Crusader and Artful, so maybe I'll try them both out and see what I like more. Have you guys got any opinions on which one you'd prefer for a club?

Elenna101

Farmer
The base stats of an Infinity Gavel are +2 Speed, +1 Defense, and +5 Weight, so it's already got some oomph. I personally like to add 1 Emerald, so that the Speed becomes +4 (which is still slower than the +4 Speed of the Infinity Blade, since clubs are just slower no matter what), and 2 Rubies, just because the more Damage the better. This is enough for me to use it like a sword, except it does more Damage, and it's got a downright superpower:

If you press the "check" button and then spam the "use tool" button, you do significantly more Damage in a small amount of time, over a very large radius, and knock Monsters further away. All clubs have this special power. You simply have to wait for its "cool down" to finish and you can do it again. The Scout}Acrobat cuts this time in half, and so does the Artful enchantment.
Yeah, this is close to what I do - Infinity Gavel plus Acrobat profession + Artful enchant, and then I just constantly use the special attack (right click + spam left click, on PC). Except I usually put 3 rubies on it, because with Acrobat + Artful, by the time the enemies I just knocked away with the smash hit have come back, the cooldown is generally already done and I can hit them again. (Not to mention that a) if you're good at it they usually die in one hit, and b) if they don't die, you can use the time they're coming back to you to move away.)

BTW, if you're on PC, the "use tool" button is automatically mapped to C as well as left click (you can change this in the Options menu). I find that I can get more hits in by alternating left click and C really fast, rather than just mashing left click.