Befriending Caroline Q's (Switch)

GooseGoose

Greenhorn
So I plan to start a new save and such, mainly trying to get the tea tree recipe before the egg festival for strawberries. So how would I go about doing this? Like what's the best way to get her to two hearts before the 13th of Spring AND be able to sell a good amount of trees? Should I go for the standard farm or some other? What should day 1 look like etc? I'm fairly new to the game but more or less caught on quick and hated how my first year went so I wanted to restart it. Any help?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Welcome to the Forums, GooseGoose!

Daffodils will get you 2 :heart: with Caroline pretty fast and they're easy to find. And apparently someone can only ask for an item on the Help Wanted list if you've talked to them, so you could avoid everyone else to get Caroline's requests up there pretty frequently for more :heart:. Also, talk to her every day of course. Veggies also work and could be better that second week if your Farming Skill is higher than your Foraging, to get those Silver or even Gold quality items. Foraged Minerals and Gems are theoretically good but with no quality modifier, Silver quality or better Crops and Forage will give you more :heart:.

I'd probably stick to chopping down Trees for Foraging XP (but not their stumps) to maximize Foraging Level for those Daffodils, but maybe not Forage the Daffs until Friday when your skill is higher, and chance of higher quality is better, while still leaving you 2 days of Gifts left.

LRangerR

Local Legend
So pretty much daffodils or whatever +star'd harvest you have at the time? Assuming Caroline likes it. i don't know her Likes/dislikes by heart.

imnvs

Local Legend
Btw, why is a treasure chest a universal hate?
Pirates didn't loot gold from the ships they raided. They looted food and water and spices. There wasn't a lot of chests of gold being transported about on boats. They were mostly looking for supplies. You think anyone in town wants a chest full of dry rations and coriander?

hexnessie

Farmer
Even if it were gold, well, gold isn't worth much in Stardew Valley. Try selling some to Clint.

Now Pumpkins, that's a valuable and loved gift!

Ilune

Planter
remember to keep all the foraging to make wyld seed as soon as you have the recipe. Just keep 1 dandelion and 1 leek for cooking (later) and 2-3 leeks as gift for George.
Complete the spring foraging bundle as soon as you can, because it gives you 30 spring seeds.
Cut and keeps all the fiber you can, you can find lot of fiber in mines (and kill as many larvae you can, they can drop ancient seed!).