Beds Rework

Tekalh

Tiller
The vanilla beds in the game work great, I just think that they could be re-done. Instead of having all beds wake you up at 6 am, what if specific crafted or bought beds could make you wake up earlier or later?

Some examples,

Traditional Farmer Bed: Wakes you up at 6am regardless of what time you went to sleep but you pass out at 2am.

Rooster Bed: Wakes you up at 4am regardless of what time you went to sleep but you pass out at midnight.

Rough Mattress: Wakes you up at 3am regardless of what time you went to sleep but you pass out at midnight and you only regain 40% energy instead of 100%.

King/Queen Bed: Wakes you up at 8am but with +40 max energy and you pass out at 4am.

Night Owl Bed: Wakes you up at 6pm of the next day regardless of what time you went to bed you pass out at 8am.

City Bed: Wakes you up exactly 8 hours after you went to bed (2am pass out).

Hospital Bed: Wakes you up exactly 12 hours after you went to bed (4am pass out).

ALOT of this needs tinkering and balancing with crafting recipes potentially including rare drops from animals or monsters but I think I explained my concept proposal well.

In my opinion this should appeal to a great variety of player play styles and I genuinely think this kind of update (though alot more refined) would be a great addition to the Valley!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Bed of Nails: you can never go to sleep on it as who in their right mind (OK or the left one, too) would choose to sleep on that? So you are required to pass out at 3am (because you're really trying to avoid it) every day and when you wake up a random amount of your Health is gone each morning because... really? You don't know why?!?

It's too easy to get OP in SDV and this cuts you down a little, literally.

Tekalh

Tiller
Why not have an alarm clock that you could set the night before, if you so choose?
Different method, same results, the aim is to get awake at different times, plus if it was one bought item that could be configured to different times, it would probably cost 1-5 million, removing the point.

Ellajoy

Rancher
Yes to all of these but mainly this one:
Bed of Nails: you can never go to sleep on it as who in their right mind (OK or the left one, too) would choose to sleep on that? So you are required to pass out at 3am (because you're really trying to avoid it) every day and when you wake up a random amount of your Health is gone each morning because... really? You don't know why?!?

It's too easy to get OP in SDV and this cuts you down a little, literally.

CScout

Sodbuster
I love they idea of the Royal Bed. Waking up at 8 would be so much nicer for accessing shops and events.

Water bed! You always wake up with low fatigue from tossing and turning no matter what time you go to sleep.

All joking aside, I love this idea whether it involves beds or alarm clocks. I would like for my farmer to take a nap so I can stay up later. Or perhaps the spa could bestow this power nap to me.