BEASTS

erlybibian

Greenhorn
Bestiary

I've been thinking about how cool it would be to have a tab in the game dedicated to talking about monsters. HP details, specific descriptions, monster art....
I think it would be a really cool addition to the game. It could be an extra tab in the game menu or a book that we can craft ourselves, or it could even be purchased from the Adventurers' Guild. As we discover monsters, they would be added to the book. I would like to see this added to the game. I really like these monster tabs and I feel like Stardew Valley has a lot of monsters that can be cataloged.

Lew Zealand

Helper
On the other side there could be a Worstiary, containing all the things that drive the Farmer crazy like:

Pierre closed on Wednesdays
Marnie's overly interesting microwave
5:00 arrival at Robin's
Golden Walnuts
Tasty Farmer knees for Flying Serpents
Work Boots
Lewis doing nothing for the town
2:00am Skull Cavern passout with full Inventory and a Prizzy Shard on the ground
Receiving a dozen Eggs or Clay for the Winter Star Feast
Pickaxeing your Ancient Fruit next to that Summer 1 Stone
Pierre selling your stuff as his own
Horsebutts and vertical spaces
Simon says
Elliott making sure it always rains on his birthday
Monsters attacking from below
2 dozen Winter Stars and no Tea SET!!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah honestly I agree, even subsets of monsters

If you check your game files the game actually tracks basically every single monster, even different colours of slimes with their own names

I think a good mix of your idea and a preexisting mechanic would be clicking the type of monster in the monster eradication goal tracker, and it would then show the specifics of that monster. Clicking slimes for example would show how many of each type you've killed. Doesn't have to be elaborate, just a little more information

I think a good mix of your idea and a preexisting mechanic would be clicking the type of monster in the monster eradication goal tracker, and it would then show the specifics of that monster. Clicking slimes for example would show how many of each type you've killed. Doesn't have to be elaborate, just a little more information
I like the idea of expanding on the adventurer's guild a little to include this. This would also give the monster eradication form some use after you've met all the goals posted. You'd still check it for total kill counts.

The rest of the beastiary could be replaced with Gil. Instead of only giving you rewards, he could also tell you about the different monsters. There could be an opening dialogue ("what do you need, kid?" "what can I help you with?") from him, followed by an option menu for the farmer: "Collect rewards" "Ask Gil about Slimes" "Ask Gil about Skeletons" etc. Then, he could give a quick rundown of the selected monsters stats, abilitiea, and variants.

Isuppose there could just be two forms up in the guild (sort of like the calendar and wanted board in front of Pierre's shop). But I like the idea of including Gil. ^_^

HaleyRocks

Farmer
On the other side there could be a Worstiary, containing all the things that drive the Farmer crazy like:

Pierre closed on Wednesdays
Marnie's overly interesting microwave
5:00 arrival at Robin's
Golden Walnuts
Tasty Farmer knees for Flying Serpents
Work Boots
Lewis doing nothing for the town
2:00am Skull Cavern passout with full Inventory and a Prizzy Shard on the ground
Receiving a dozen Eggs or Clay for the Winter Star Feast
Pickaxeing your Ancient Fruit next to that Summer 1 Stone
Pierre selling your stuff as his own
Horsebutts and vertical spaces
Simon says
Elliott making sure it always rains on his birthday
Monsters attacking from below
2 dozen Winter Stars and no Tea SET!!
In this save, i encoutered the Elliott rain thing, 2 years in a row. He stays locked up inside his cabin, all alone, all day long... THE GODDAMN SHUTIN!

Ruined my entire scedule for game perfection.

stardew_luv

Planter
I like the idea of expanding on the adventurer's guild a little to include this. This would also give the monster eradication form some use after you've met all the goals posted. You'd still check it for total kill counts.

The rest of the beastiary could be replaced with Gil. Instead of only giving you rewards, he could also tell you about the different monsters. There could be an opening dialogue ("what do you need, kid?" "what can I help you with?") from him, followed by an option menu for the farmer: "Collect rewards" "Ask Gil about Slimes" "Ask Gil about Skeletons" etc. Then, he could give a quick rundown of the selected monsters stats, abilitiea, and variants.

Isuppose there could just be two forms up in the guild (sort of like the calendar and wanted board in front of Pierre's shop). But I like the idea of including Gil. ^_^
There are a couple of mods that expand on the adventurers guild. Also the SDVE mod itself will initiate the farmer and random other characters once they have proven themselves and it extends the guild a bit too.