Beach Farm (Crates)

Comm

Tiller
Anybody know what the chances of a crate spawning is in the beach farm, and what it can have in it? I recently started a run on the beach farm and I'm wondering because no crates by day 7.:krobus:

Hill Myna

Farmer
I don't know the exact chance, but I'd say I get around 3 a week on average. So yeah, a little unlucky not to have one by Day 7. :krobus:

The Wiki has a list of the contents, you can see it here (1.5 endgame item spoilers).

BlaDe

Farmer
Every day there is a rolling 90% chance to spawn forage/crates. By rolling I mean that if the 90% chance succeeds, there is another 90% chance, if that succeeds another 90% and so on.

If the chance succeeds a tile is chosen at random (on the entire farm). If the spot chosen is on the beach, then a beach forage/crate will be placed. Every 4th item placed will be a crate. Otherwise there is a 15% chance that the item placed will be a crate. (Do note that no crates can be placed on the initial farm load for a brand new game)

If the spot chosen is in the forest area, a piece of seasonal forage will be placed.

If the spot chosen is not valid, then nothing is placed and the code goes back to the next rolling 90% chance.

Comm

Tiller
Every day there is a rolling 90% chance to spawn forage/crates. By rolling I mean that if the 90% chance succeeds, there is another 90% chance, if that succeeds another 90% and so on.

If the chance succeeds a tile is chosen at random (on the entire farm). If the spot chosen is on the beach, then a beach forage/crate will be placed. Every 4th item placed will be a crate. Otherwise there is a 15% chance that the item placed will be a crate. (Do note that no crates can be placed on the initial farm load for a brand new game)

If the spot chosen is in the forest area, a piece of seasonal forage will be placed.

If the spot chosen is not valid, then nothing is placed and the code goes back to the next rolling 90% chance.
So do I just have super bad luck? With the rolling 90% chance and no crates after day 10?

Elenna101

Farmer
So do I just have super bad luck? With the rolling 90% chance and no crates after day 10?
I assume "if the spot chosen is on the beach" refers specifically to the edges of the beach farm near water, not just any sandy spot, since crates only spawn beside the water. So a lot of the time that check will not succeed in placing anything.

imnvs

Local Legend
A lot of overnight events and background tasks operate this way. A check is made to see if it happens, and then a check is made to see where... and if the where doesn't work, it doesn't happen.
And yes, you're having bad luck with one of the checks.