Bad news, gg

AtomsJosh

Planter
"I'm not saying there's going to be another Stardew Valley update. I don't even know at this point. Right now I am focused on my next game. So, we'll see."
- @ConcernedApe

Just make sure mobile players will get 1.5 update, been waiting forever and this news really do hurt, so it's just my like last wish... 😔

To be fair it wouldn't be right to expect concerned ape to stay with one game it's 5+ years. I am looking forward to the next game. Heck I would like to see Stardew 2 eventually. I mean there is only so much you can do in updates before you have to overhaul the core gameplay.

So enjoy the game. Heck I would still enjoy my original harvest moon if it hadn't corrupted out.

I am sorry what happens to you.

I bought SV for $10 from the Stream website on sale and downloaded it to my computer.
I guess the mobile update is pretty challenging for programmers.
All the debugging and coding take a lot of work and mental energy.
I hope your mobile SV would come out sooner.

I agree with Zen the Ogre, I think it is unfair for ConcernedApe to work on one game.
However, I am looking forward to the new game.

Last edited:
Since the game is single-time pay, from a financial standpoint it wouldn't make sense to add new content to Stardew for too many years, since this wouldn't generate any new income for the game. Updating it for 5 years is already pretty awesome in that regard. New games, or a sequence of games make perfect sense to help CA earn and create new games that don't become too bloated. Regardless, for folks that play only on mobile (myself included), it'll be a wait for a new game too, after it is released for PC/console since porting to mobile seems to happen after most of the bugs are worked out on the other platforms.

If we get frustrated enough, we can transfer our existing save files to a new platform... so being on mobile in some ways kinda means having to own 2 copies of every game if you want content when everyone else gets it. I was trying to wait for the update and finding other nerd projects to keep me going until then... we'll see if I make it now.

Last edited:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, we'll definitely be getting the mobile 1.5 update, it's just that there's no ETA but rest assured it will happen. There were similar hiccups in the multiplayer update, since it made tons of changes and it took a very long time for them to come to console (particularly xbox i think). Then there was the whole issue where ratings changed in some countries for the game on PS4, that took ages to come back, etc. etc.

The unfortunate thing is just that there is a whole lot out of CA's control, but he's doing what he can. He has never undelivered his promises, though. I think, despite the possibility of no 1.6 update, he really loves this game and has nurtured it for a very long time. It was in development for 4 years, and then kept getting updates 5 years after that. 9 years dedicated to one game-- that's a lot!

CA's next game I'm sure is going to be a labor of love, too.

AtomsJosh

Planter
See, that there, this is GOOD NEWS! Next game! Yay!
That's good news for pc players, but after he released the "Next Game" we know mobile players will/might not get this "Next Game."
But if it does get, base on my experience it will not get the updates fast, just like SV.

These news u got might be good to u cuz u playing on a computer and getting update fast, but for me and mobile players I'm still waiting for those update like half a year. Its just unfair.

Yeah i got depression these days...

Odin

Staff member
But if it does get, base on my experience it will not get the updates fast, just like SV.
I think for better or worse, CA creates PC games, and so that's the "main" platform for Stardew and you're definitely right that it will almost certainly be the same for any future games.

But at the same time, the reverse is true for many other games. I've played many great games on mobile that will never be available on PC, or will never work quite as well as they do on their original platform. As difficult as it can be to wait for updates, there are always other great games out there, and a lot of those aren't an option for someone that just plays on PC.

If it's any consolation, CA doesn't work directly on the mobile port of Stardew, so what he game he spends his time on shouldn't have a huge effect on the process of bringing 1.5 to mobile. I'm sure having to get a new person to handle the porting process slowed things down though.

hexnessie

Farmer
That's good news for pc players, but after he released the "Next Game" we know mobile players will/might not get this "Next Game."
I understand :( There were so many games I could never play because they were console-only, like Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing - it's really sad. Let's hope mobile gets the update soon!