Auto-Input/Output Chests

rossc719

Greenhorn
It would be really nice if you could make Auto-Input and Auto-Output chests.
I'm thinking like a chest that you can put with 1 tile of a furnace/geode-smasher/etc.
Auto-input would load items into them, and auto-output would pull items out (similar to the mill).

Obviously it'd be a late-game thing, Maybe made with iridium bars and batteries.

Or it could be a single chest that both loads and empties the adjacent tools.

Another way would be a way to make an auto-forge/auto-geode-smasher that you can just use like a chest to load and unload.
Maybe you could craft it using a forge + an "automator".. and an automator is something you can craft with late game ingredients to upgrade existing tools.

It's just that after several years of gameplay, I'd love a way to automate my kegs, casks, cheese presses, etc.. so I can spend less time on the farm in the mornings and more time in the town, or other areas.

Ereo

Helper
There’s the hopper, which will provide auto input, but you’ll have to take the output yourself, so semi automation is the most you can do at the moment.

It would be really nice if you could make Auto-Input and Auto-Output chests.
I'm thinking like a chest that you can put with 1 tile of a furnace/geode-smasher/etc.
Auto-input would load items into them, and auto-output would pull items out (similar to the mill).

Obviously it'd be a late-game thing, Maybe made with iridium bars and batteries.

Or it could be a single chest that both loads and empties the adjacent tools.

Another way would be a way to make an auto-forge/auto-geode-smasher that you can just use like a chest to load and unload.
Maybe you could craft it using a forge + an "automator".. and an automator is something you can craft with late game ingredients to upgrade existing tools.

It's just that after several years of gameplay, I'd love a way to automate my kegs, casks, cheese presses, etc.. so I can spend less time on the farm in the mornings and more time in the town, or other areas.
There is already a mod to do so: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1063
My problem is, that you have to plan with the automate-mod from the beginning, even if it's a late game thing. At least I had to reorganize all my chest/tools, to use this mod. Sadly there is no option to use just a specific chest type to automate.

But in general I would like more to see a much advanced (upgraded?) hopper that works like the automate-mod.