Windows [BUG] Audio Really loud and distorted in main menu. And also really loud ingame. patch 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 both have this bug for me

JadeT

Greenhorn
I posted this in the report bug too. Just posting it here so it might get recognized.

1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up.
i7 10700k, GTX 1080Ti, 16GB Ram

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced.
The music and other sounds are really loud and sound distorted. When i start the game the music is so loud i have to mute it, because when i lower the volume it sounds even more distorted and the subwoofer will be even louder.

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?
Only after the new patch

4) Are you playing with mods? If so, which mods?
Nope

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley?
A month before it

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help?
Re-installed my audio drivers, Speakers and Headset both have this issue. also reinstalled the game

Also in game the audio is really loud, it is barely playable sometimes :(

JadeT

Greenhorn
I have the same issue, did it fix after a month?
unfortunately not really, the only thing that worked for me was putting the version to compatible. You can do this by right clicking the game on steam, go to properties, beta versions and select the other version. you can still do everything, including playing with people on the other version.

Joe-el-NPC

Cowpoke
I have a problem with the audio of the game, in some situations the audio starts to saturate and when I use the secondary ability of the weapon it stabilizes it is strange I could not find a solution

help me plaese

Joe-el-NPC

Cowpoke
I posted this in the report bug too. Just posting it here so it might get recognized.

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced.
The music and other sounds are really loud and sound distorted. When i start the game the music is so loud i have to mute it, because when i lower the volume it sounds even more distorted and the subwoofer will be even louder.

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?
Only after the new patch

Nope

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley?
A month before it

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help?
Re-installed my audio drivers, Speakers and Headset both have this issue. also reinstalled the game

I

Only after the new patch

Nope

A month before it

I have a problem with the audio of the game, in some situations the audio begins to saturate and when I use the secondary ability of the weapon it stabilizes it is strange I could not find a solution

Wondering if there has been any movement or fix for this issue? I can only run in compatibility mode therefore cannot mod which isn't the end of the world but would like to if possible.

CableBear

Newcomer
I finally found the answer. On windows 11, if you push sound output in the menu down to the right on your taskbar, its next to the sound silder, then you can scroll down and change spatial sound. I chose DTS:X Ultra, and now its normal.