Anyone played this Stardew wannabe?

The game is called Verdant Village, and in my opinion it's a poor copy of so many farming mechanics we've all seen throughout the years over and over again. I was actually involved with the project for a while, even though the developer (who, interestingly, is making the game solo like Eric Barone made Stardew) will probably not credit me with helping at all. To be fair the game is in an early stage, but it's not showing any real potential, and unfortunately the developer is not very good at realizing the mistakes he's made. I was just curious if anyone else has stumbled on (and possibly tried) this title.

I played it while it was in the Alpha stage, found lots of bugs, thought it was going to go to some ultimate cool goal. That was probably over a year ago. I have it wish listed on Steam, but I don't think it's worth the $15 and it looks like it's still in early release...
It has not gotten to the cool ultimate goal I'd hoped for. I have not played it since it was released on Steam and honestly I do not miss playing it. That is very telling, let's face it, I will still occasionally play past games that I had fun with like Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. I mean the Gameboy Advanced game not the Switch remake! I have that one... One day I will open it... don't hold your breathe...