Android Android Controller Issue

foxhull

Greenhorn
I recently got a Razer Kishi for use with my Samsung Note 20 Ultra and it works fine with other games (I sanity checked to make sure it wasn't a hardware or software issue with the controller with a couple other games), but in Stardew holding the use key/X does not do anything past the first swing.

E.g. if you hold down the use key with say, an axe or pickaxe on PC with a controller, it will swing your axe until you let go. The touch controls allow for the same thing on Android. However any external controller (I've tested with PS4 controller, PS5 controller and my Kishi) does not have this functionality. Regardless of whether I tap or hold use, I swing once and just stand there, so cutting down trees and mining essentially requires me to swing manually every time. I tested to see if hold inputs were accepted in Minecraft as a sanity check and all the hold inputs work just fine there, so as far as I can see it's only Stardew that exhibits this behavior.

Does anyone have a fix for this or am I just out of luck? I am on Android 11 as well.

shostakofish

Greenhorn
Seconding this. Cannot seem to hold/press for chopping or pickaxe (but press/hold works for watering/hoeing). I'd like to add on that I can't seem to find a way to quick-move my items from inventory to chests either. X works for quick moving items to the shipping bin, but not for moving items to the chests.

cropots

Newcomer
It's 2022 and this issue is still not resolved. It's impossible to play with joystic without the action option when holding the button, we can't keep clicking dozens of times to knock down a tree. Did anyone get a solution?