amount of crops per season with Junimo Huts

japer

Greenhorn
Hi
i am designing my farm and i had to calculate the amount of crops that i have to buy each season
my farm will have 2 Junimo Huts
and i will use 8 Iridium Sprinklers in whatever designs as long as they won't intersect in spraying area
and without pressure nozzles
(i found the designs here https://stardewvalleysprinkler.com/...arm-layout-with-junimo-huts-a-complete-guide/)
so here's my math and the results i got
the amount of spaces for each crop= number of sprinklers in one Junimo Hut (works with any type) * the area it covers * the number of Junimo Huts / the number of crops to plant
in my case i will plant cooking plants only so i get this
the amount of spaces for each crop=8*24*2/8(its 8 crops for cooking in summer and fall and spring if planting corn only in summer)=48
amount of each crop per its season= the days of the season / (the days for plant to grow+ one day for harvest ) * the amount of spaces for each crop
for example:
amount of parsnip =24/(4+1)*48=268 for all spring
i made excel sheet with some results i hope it's helpful
if you need more info or i made mistakes with my math just comment and i will try to respond fast
have a great day and have fun playing <3
Screenshot (1).png

I'm not really sure what you are trying to convey here. Junimo huts are merely there to harvest crops, and it isn't a particularly reliable method either given they won't work in inclement weather, which will throw off your spreadsheets. Furthermore, they won't replant, so most of those crops you'll have to do manually anyway, rendering the point moot.

About the only time a Junimo Hut is actually relevant is when you have a recurring crops that is particularly valuable but either produces so frequently that it will be a pain to harvest manually or produces so many that it will clog up your inventory. So of your entire list, only the following are even remotely useful to have a Junimo Hut for:

Spring: Strawberries
Summer: Hops, Blueberries
Fall: Cranberries
Special: Ancient Fruit.

None of the other crops are worth wasting your time and effort on getting your Junimo Huts up for.

Furthermore, Junimo Huts themselves are extremely under-performing because, as previously mentioned, they won't work in inclement weather, which kind of defeats the purpose of automation.

In short, you failed to include most of the crops to bother with, included a bunch of crops they don't really work for, and are failing to take into consideration weather which will impact your results on a month to month basis.

Also, I don't know who wrote the guide you're referencing, but I can't say that it is particularly well written, leaves much out, and fails to take into consideration basic plot efficiency metrics. And really, by the time you get pressure nozzles, you're well past the point where you should be caring that much about it anyway. So it both assumes access to end-game materials, and also tries to pitch it as a growth solution, making it a mutually exclusive contradiction in terms.

japer

Greenhorn
I'm not really sure what you are trying to convey here. Junimo huts are merely there to harvest crops, and it isn't a particularly reliable method either given they won't work in inclement weather, which will throw off your spreadsheets. Furthermore, they won't replant, so most of those crops you'll have to do manually anyway, rendering the point moot.

About the only time a Junimo Hut is actually relevant is when you have a recurring crops that is particularly valuable but either produces so frequently that it will be a pain to harvest manually or produces so many that it will clog up your inventory. So of your entire list, only the following are even remotely useful to have a Junimo Hut for:

Spring: Strawberries
Summer: Hops, Blueberries
Fall: Cranberries
Special: Ancient Fruit.

None of the other crops are worth wasting your time and effort on getting your Junimo Huts up for.

Furthermore, Junimo Huts themselves are extremely under-performing because, as previously mentioned, they won't work in inclement weather, which kind of defeats the purpose of automation.

In short, you failed to include most of the crops to bother with, included a bunch of crops they don't really work for, and are failing to take into consideration weather which will impact your results on a month to month basis.

Also, I don't know who wrote the guide you're referencing, but I can't say that it is particularly well written, leaves much out, and fails to take into consideration basic plot efficiency metrics. And really, by the time you get pressure nozzles, you're well past the point where you should be caring that much about it anyway. So it both assumes access to end-game materials, and also tries to pitch it as a growth solution, making it a mutually exclusive contradiction in terms.
thanks for the reply
i wasn't exactly tying to make it the most efficient or anything
basically i just wanted to share it for the sake of sharing that's all
so yeah as you said there isn't exactly a point of it
and thanks again for the reply :)