Allow full chests to be moved

Fireflydrake

Farmhand
It'd be really great if we could drag full chests around (within whatever current space they're confined to--ie you could move them in your house or barn, but NOT pick them up). More than once as my house expanded I really wanted to move where my chests were placed, but doing so often required tediously making a new chest to dump all the full contents into just so I could move the chest to a new spot and dump everything back in. With the new (and awesome!) aquarium update the game is clearly capable of remembering what's stored within another item, so it shouldn't be too hard to make moving chests a thing.

ISSsloth

Farmer
Things would have to be done to prevent it being used like an extra backpack. Possibly making it so a full chest functions like furniture that can only be placed on the farm, and empty chests staying how they were?

If you constantly punch a chest (use tool with no tool equipped) it will pop a space. You may be able to herd the chest where you want it to go.

You may also be able to use a tool; I dont know if that works though...
This is helpful to know. Recently had to unpack and repack a chest to move it from one side of the kitchen to another. So annoying! It took f o r e v e r

tomaO2

Planter
As I mentioned in a different thread. I'd like a house decorating option that lets you move chests as one of the features of a house renovation option at Robins, rather than being able to lift it at will.

You go to Robin's and click on "remodel house/shed". You then pick which house/shed you want to remodel, and now you can move anything inside it.

This also helps for when you are adding/removing features in the house. If you want to re-add the bedroom wall, and realize a chest is in the way, all you need to do is click on remodel house and now you can click on anything and move them anywhere else in the house.

It's basically the house version of "move buildings". You can already move all farm buildings, and paint via the carpentry options, you can add rooms or remove them via this as well, so why not add furniture rearrangements? This seems like a logical add on to the current game mechanics. Keep in mind that when in this mode, you cannot look inside your chests, this is solely for moving objects around.

The downside is that this doesn't help with moving chests outside of the house.

imnvs

Local Legend
If you constantly punch a chest (use tool with no tool equipped) it will pop a space. You may be able to herd the chest where you want it to go.
This is helpful to know. Recently had to unpack and repack a chest to move it from one side of the kitchen to another. So annoying! It took f o r e v e r
Yes, you can move full chests... but if you have a chest against something, say against a southern wall, and to the west is blocked so you can not be on the west side to push east? No worries, if you push the chest, it'll move east... but what if you want it to move north? Push from the east, because if south and west are blocked, it'll move north. You may run into issues where you can not push the chest the way you want, no matter what direction you push from, though, and then you just may have to resort to emptying, lifting, replacing and refilling as we always used to have to.