All short names!

GaiaMIX

Farmhand
Me and my dad were talking about “the orange haired person” and “organization orange”, 🍊 as of course there’s a lot of redheads in stardew valley, so I sent my dad a list of the names and he said it was all short names, imagine if they were longer and with surname, like we could get Ludovic Vanarious Helmedan and Robynne Ellasviel Galaxana instead of Lewis and Robin! Imagine that!

GaiaMIX

Farmhand
Can we extend this to everyone? I'm just imagining Emily is now Emmelynnia Angelica Spacefeather..
Only if her sister gets to be Hayleydia Tanmara Spacefeather.

We know Sandy is not Sandy. Because she’s Khassandra Emportunii Sweptlifar.

Safe to say everyone gets three names, as a treat!

Also, everyone is part of a sibset of three. We need to introduce the spacefeather 🪶 middle brother 👨 who gets unlocked later on. His name is Uganbalus Reynardt Spacefeather. We need as many long names as possible, the babies too and propably also the animals.

Draconifors

Sodbuster
At least some NPCs have family names, because there is a book or note that references "the [family name] trash can". I've not figured out which trash can it refers to due to the first-name-only system. :D

Who knows, maybe everyone does have a longer name, but everyone uses nicknames for convenience. Or maybe there's some local law in the area that prohibits the usage of long names.

GaiaMIX

Farmhand
At least some NPCs have family names, because there is a book or note that references "the [family name] trash can". I've not figured out which trash can it refers to due to the first-name-only system. :D

Who knows, maybe everyone does have a longer name, but everyone uses nicknames for convenience. Or maybe there's some local law in the area that prohibits the usage of long names.
It says "checking the Mullners' cans".

This appears to be George and Evelyn's:

It's Penny's handwriting:
I want to get everyone something they love!

Mom: Parsnip, Glazed Yams, NO BEER!
Jas: Fairy Rose, Plum Pudding
Vincent: Pink Cake, Grape
Mr. Mullner: Leek, Fried Mushroom
Granny Mullner: Beet, Tulip

-

So we get:

Georgius Elmerich Mullner
Evelynne Vendandt Mullner
Alexander Serenous Mullner

-

And also they need to be short to fit in the hearts page. It's a coding thing, you'd need a diff font to get longer names.

VampireCake

Rancher
Maybe it's such a small town everyone is so used to using only each others short names they've all forgotten what their long names are? Nobody ever seems to get any older (even your own children don't get beyond toddlers), the town might have been in a time lock for hundreds of years for all we know... 🤔

GaiaMIX

Farmhand
Maybe it's such a small town everyone is so used to using only each others short names they've all forgotten what their long names are? Nobody ever seems to get any older (even your own children don't get beyond toddlers), the town might have been in a time lock for hundreds of years for all we know... 🤔
Maybe it is timelocked, and maybe everyone is originally from different time periods.

VampireCake

Rancher
Maybe it is timelocked, and maybe everyone is originally from different time periods.
I like this idea. Maybe some of them have been here so long nobody remembers their original name or background, not even themselves, so they've ended up adopting new ones. Maru might be from the future, still somehow wanting to return to the stars without remembering how she used to travel through them. The wizard might be from a more medieval time, Elliott is a misplaced Edwardian poet who possibly believes he's still in the middle of an opium trip... and Mr Qi is definitely an alien and it might well be his fault we're all stuck here anyway.

...anyone want to write this fanfic? 😆

DragonGwen

Farmer
I like this idea. Maybe some of them have been here so long nobody remembers their original name or background, not even themselves, so they've ended up adopting new ones. Maru might be from the future, still somehow wanting to return to the stars without remembering how she used to travel through them. The wizard might be from a more medieval time, Elliott is a misplaced Edwardian poet who possibly believes he's still in the middle of an opium trip... and Mr Qi is definitely an alien and it might well be his fault we're all stuck here anyway.

Get Lew to do it lol
Sebastian Ezracanitius Anthonio
Becketioniban Carpenter (That was actually kinda hard)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Only if her sister gets to be Hayleydia Tanmara Spacefeather.

We know Sandy is not Sandy. Because she’s Khassandra Emportunii Sweptlifar.

Safe to say everyone gets three names, as a treat!

Also, everyone is part of a sibset of three. We need to introduce the spacefeather 🪶 middle brother 👨 who gets unlocked later on. His name is Uganbalus Reynardt Spacefeather. We need as many long names as possible, the babies too and propably also the animals.
This is too much :cry:

GaiaMIX

Farmhand

Yes it would be great

(and actually it could be a mod)

The Valley is on a previously unpopulated planet that's a colony\territory of Qi's home planet. There might actually not be any real people other than the residents XD (and Qi, as the grandmaster orchestrating the whole thing)

Krobus, the henchman, and the dwarf are aliens from yet other planets. (Or at least Krob and the dwarf. The henchman could be a robot\hologram thing)

And if the Wizard is medieval then a lot of the rest are descended from him XD

And also the people who were related aren't actually related and they just think they are XD or at least they're actually not as closely related as they think XD

List of characters with their backgrounds.

CHARACTER - ORIGINAL NAME - ORIGINAL TIME PERIOD
Abigail - Galenavilla Alusha Omyris - 2100
Alex - Alexander Serenous Loryander - 350
Caroline - Pevadar Unabilli Simclant - 1500
Clint - Impeko Oraathis Ulabisish - 1450
Demetrius - Ullasar Omret Vynebras - 2700
Dwarf - Becketioniban Carpenter - 4829, planet Venarp
Elliott - Pentington Ulcer Vanaglores - 1905
Emily - Emmelynnia Angelica Spacefeather - 1965
Evelyn - Evelynne Vendandt Petrichor - 2050
George - Georgius Elmerich Mullner - 1940
Gus - Lothar Augustave Samaltrowissh - 250