all i have left is fishing

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
and i'm not getting there fast. i don't know if it's the xbox or me but when the indicator goes down i have to wait for it to drop to match the arrow and then it jumps again. i can catch basic fish with the training rod ok. so can i buy the fish completion from the jojo market instead?

LRangerR

Local Legend
and i'm not getting there fast. i don't know if it's the xbox or me but when the indicator goes down i have to wait for it to drop to match the arrow and then it jumps again. i can catch basic fish with the training rod ok. so can i buy the fish completion from the jojo market instead?
A lot of the fish can be randomly found at the trading cart lady (blanking on what days she shows up, I think Fri n sun). Just out of curiosity, what level are you and what rod are you using?

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
i am just finishing year 2. i finally bought the training rod and the green thing is bigger so that helps. fishing is 1, mining is 9, all others are 10. i have a chest that i keep my bought fish. i buy any that the cart sells and i get any for sale at the trave4ling fleet sale. and i have a pond to multiply ones that i need. i do need another pond. thank you.

Ereo

Helper
Fishing takes practice but the training rod will make getting practice much easier. If you have unlocked the sewer, some fish are also sold there (I think on Wednesdays).

but if you really want to avoid fishing, you can also buy the last room with Joja. It won’t undo any of your finished rooms. Some things in the end game are different but there is nothing mayor that is objectively better or worse.

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
thank you. i went back into the game and i am on year 3, day 1. after grandpa went away, the corner came up and 3 candles are lit. how do i find out what is going on there? thanks again.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
You got 3 out of 4 candles, congrats! If you complete the community center, make friends with everyone, and level up your last skills (crab pots are a great way to earn fishing xp slowly over time), you should have enough points for 4 candles. You can check the wiki if you want to know exactly how the points are calculated. Then bring a diamond to the corner (there is a notch where you can put it) and Grandpa will re-evaluate your farm.

Njin

Planter
Sounds to me like you need a better rod. Also Leveling up your fishing skill will make it easier to catch difficult fish. It might take a while to get all the fish you might be looking for
I recommend you should fish a little everyday. If you are already catching fish then you made it over the first learning curve. It was tough for me at first I was quite frustrated by it. That happens to a lot of players. best advice I got is practice.. quick taps as fish rise in the bar, steady taps when the fish is hovering in the bar and slow taps as the fish sinks to prevent the green bar bouncing off the bottom. I'm sure you'll get it with a bit of determination next thing you know you'll be catching all the legendary fish. Best of luck with it:)

Confused

Rancher
If your fishing level is low, it makes fishing a little harder. However, you can level up your fishing skill a little faster without having to actually fish, you can get some fish ponds (A building that you can have Robin build) then put some random fish in, and up your skill by taking care of those. Just have patience and use the resources available to ya, like bubble areas in water, things like fish bait and tackles (Depending on your rod you can have bait and tackles), and probably most importantly, the wiki.

Also, if I were you I'd look up fishing tips and basics for Stardew Valley on Youtube, which will also help. That's what I did lol.

Oh also, also, about your candles! If you accept a cat or dog from Marnie (The lady rancher chick in the woods you buy animals from), you can pet your cat or dog every day and that will help you get four candles on the shrine.

ArtifactSpot

They are fishing level 1 so no new rods, bait or crab pots available. Just use training rod and catch as many small fish as possible so you a get the level 2 rod called Fiberglass Rod which allows you to use bait and increases bite rate. If that rod is too hard keep using training until you get level 3 and then you unlock crab pots which help you very slowly move up in levels. Keep switching between training and Fiberglass for practice. Once you hit level 5 your fiberglass rod will have equal bar to your training rod so scrap that one and go wit bait and fiberglass and the fish will bite faster. Also look for bubbles in water, try to hit them and that greatly increases bite rate. Lake fishing by the Carpenter shop and mines is great for catching carp and chub on your training rod. Stay away from ocean fishing for a while it’s hardest.

LRangerR

Local Legend
i am just finishing year 2. i finally bought the training rod and the green thing is bigger so that helps. fishing is 1, mining is 9, all others are 10. i have a chest that i keep my bought fish. i buy any that the cart sells and i get any for sale at the trave4ling fleet sale. and i have a pond to multiply ones that i need. i do need another pond. thank you.
Let us know if you have trouble finding any specific fish

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
thanks for the help. i just got a message from willie and i can buy a new rod. will do that. going to go the the wiki because i need a large mouth bass for the bear.