Question Advice on tracking items sold

Wooster

Newcomer
I'm considering porting, with tweaks, Quality Machines (original built for Custom Farming Redux) over to Producer Framework Mod, plus JSON Assets and Mail Framework Mod, or similar mods, to manage access to the recipes for the higher-tier machines. I'm trying to avoid having to write something that requires compiling a DLL: I'm fairly confident I have the technical skills, but I'm just not sure I would have the time to get my head around yet another language (and not one that would particularly cross-transferable for me), the whole modding process, the API etc.

Anyway, one of the things I'm thinking about is what the conditions should be for getting the recipes, and I thought maybe tracking the number or value of products sold would be a nice way to go, so that players get access to better machines once they've used the existing ones quite a bit. So I'd be looking for a condition that was something like "Sell at least 25,000g of Keg products" or maybe "Sell at least 300 Preserves Jar products". I couldn't see anything in any of the preconditions documentation (including Expanded Preconditions Utility) that showed a suggested way forward. It's either counting all artisan products (too broad), or else a specific product (too narrow), and I think it was even counting only objects, not value.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether anything in this area will be possible? Is it something where I'd have to teach myself some C#?

BlaDe

Farmer
You are probably going to make a list of the artisan goods you want to track, then use the specific list to see how many has been shipped. You can then lookup the value of the specific products in the objectInformation file and do a basic calculation.

Wooster

Newcomer
I did a bit more research, and apparently Mail Framework Mod does something pretty close to this. There are counters for cheese made (I think this is regular milk, as there's also a goat's cheese version), beverages made and preserves made. That could be good enough, actually.