Additional Sleep Option for Spouses

There are three types of beds in the game: the single bed (marked simply as 'bed' in game but I'm going to call it a single here to avoid confusion); the double bed; the child's bed.

As it stands, spouses will NOT sleep in a single bed. I've tried selecting single beds from the catalog, buying them from Robin's, and pillaging them from Cabins. I've tried both singleplayer and multiplayer. In each case, the bed was reserved for the spouse. My farmer never slept in it, nor did any farmhands. Yet, the spouse refused to sleep until I gave them a double bed.

In cases where there are multiple double beds in the farmhouse, the spouse will automatically go to the first one placed, so there is some sort of selective programing already in place. The spouses also don't react to the farmer sleeping in a separate bed (I've had a couple even remark on sleeping beside the farmer when they haven't shared a bed in years). I think it would be great if it could be adjusted so the spouse will sleep in the first placed single bed in instances where there is no double bed available. I think it would be nice to open the design options this would make possible.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There is on the other hand dialogue for if you ONLY have one single bed or no bed at all, in which the spouse comments upon having to sleep on the floor

(in other words, single lines of dialogue for when you only have a single single bed for a single not single farmer - Couldn't help myself)