Addition of Dangerous Animals, Monsters, Plus Items

Crazyrider1988

Greenhorn
I think the secret woods would benefit from the addition of very rarely encountered dangerous animals. These encounters would be very rare with one to two animals max per encounter, so as to not take away from the existing feel of the area. Animals like eagles, hawks, wolves, coyotes, mountain lions, alligators, snakes, bears, boars, badgers could be used, and having drops of pelts and feathers that could then be used for cloths, food, and sale. This may also give it a more forest feel, and help with the reply value to the area.

Also I thought adding zombies, ghouls, specters, wraiths (adds the the undead theme), and rats to the mines and skull cavern would help the vararity of monsters in those areas a little. Always thought silver ore would be a good additional as well that could have to some good uses.

I thought about another idea as well for the farm. Adding a compost bin might not be a bad idea. You could add minimal items (clay, fiber, wood, crops), but gain a high amount of good quality fertilizer.

Aedifex Games

Greenhorn
I am onboard for the compost bin. And there is already a ghost thing in the mines. Also, what would the silver do? I like the idea of encountering animals in the secret woods, but

!!! SPOILER !!!

You already encounter a bear in the secret woods, and he is friendly. Maybe some friendly bears could spawn in the secret woods, but no hostile bears because it would be kinda weird to encounter a friendly one and then come back the next day and get mauled. (End of spoiler)

Other hostile animals would be good though. I think wolves would be a cool addition, after all, there is already some sort of wild dog that can eat your livestock. It would be cool to tie that into the secret woods.

Odin

Staff member
!!! SPOILER !!!
Just for next time, the forum does support spoiler tags! You can type: [spoiler]text here[/spoiler] to get
text here
Or, [spoiler="Spoiler name here"]text here[/spoiler] to get
text here

Ellajoy

Rancher
I think the secret woods would benefit from the addition of very rarely encountered dangerous animals. These encounters would be very rare with one to two animals max per encounter, so as to not take away from the existing feel of the area. Animals like eagles, hawks, wolves, coyotes, mountain lions, alligators, snakes, bears, boars, badgers could be used, and having drops of pelts and feathers that could then be used for cloths, food, and sale. This may also give it a more forest feel, and help with the reply value to the area.

Also I thought adding zombies, ghouls, specters, wraiths (adds the the undead theme), and rats to the mines and skull cavern would help the vararity of monsters in those areas a little. Always thought silver ore would be a good additional as well that could have to some good uses.

I thought about another idea as well for the farm. Adding a compost bin might not be a bad idea. You could add minimal items (clay, fiber, wood, crops), but gain a high amount of good quality fertilizer.
Compost bin and silver ore sound great