Coding Help Adding a hat

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I kind of asked about this already once (Here: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/farmers-appearance.12389/). I want my next Farmer to start with a specific bit of headgear, ideally in his inventory so I can put it on the second he wakes -- next best would be having it arrive in the mail on the first day, so he only has to run out the door once.

I think I have figured out enough about the ins and outs of Mail Framework Mod to do the latter if I have to, but is there a way to do the former? The only example I could find of another mod adding an item to game-start inventory had to resort to full on C#, though not much and I could *almost* figure out what was intrinsic vs. what was specific to that mod (which was for a tool, not headgear). Is this the only way?

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Okay, I have the hat/mask drawn, and the basic mod mod exists. The sprite.... mostly works.

The back view has the character's hair suddenly pop through in the centre even though the pixel art appears solid from all other angles and all around the single patch. and the actual sprite sheet doesn't show a gap. The code specifically accounts for hair and it shouldn't be visible.
(These lines:
"ShowHair": false,
"IgnoreHairstyleOffset": true)

Any guesses what I am doing wrong?

Attachments

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
I kind of asked about this already once (Here: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/farmers-appearance.12389/). I want my next Farmer to start with a specific bit of headgear, ideally in his inventory so I can put it on the second he wakes -- next best would be having it arrive in the mail on the first day, so he only has to run out the door once.

I think I have figured out enough about the ins and outs of Mail Framework Mod to do the latter if I have to, but is there a way to do the former? The only example I could find of another mod adding an item to game-start inventory had to resort to full on C#, though not much and I could *almost* figure out what was intrinsic vs. what was specific to that mod (which was for a tool, not headgear). Is this the only way?
Hi, I understand that you want the hat to be added to the inventory from the start (like Start With Hat (or Eye Patch) or QuickStart), but why is the mail option is not good way?

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I used the mail option and it will work just fine. (I had fun writing the letter, actually.)

But seeing some examples of patches that do it the other way could help in future!