Add more things to spend money and some change in kitchen system

chaoswsm

Greenhorn
I am a player from China and have been playing for over 100 hours. Now I am facing the problem that I don't know what to spend the money I have on me after the third year. Would you be able to add some items that sell for a higher price, such as property, or something that could help with the construction of the town.
Also, the kitchen system in this game is too simple, I think there could be more gameplay, such as some QTE to give your dishes higher quality and improved effects, and failed QTE would turn the dishes into crap with negative effects. this will spend 10-20 mins in the online game, but in real life we just need to spend time to cook, you just need to extend the duration of the food buff, I believe that people are willing to spend 10-20 mins for the effect of the whole day. I know this game is imitating and paying homage to Harvest Moon, and you guys have done a great job, but their cookware system is also very well done, you can buy the appropriate cookware from the TV commercials to cook the appropriate dishes, otherwise you can only cook the most basic things.
My English is not very good, so please bear with me if there is some lack of etiquette, I really like this game!

chaoswsm

Greenhorn
Just came up with an idea, what if u put cookware system into the friendship system?Just like when you become good friends with Willy he will give you a knife to make sushi, and when you become good friends with Evelyn she will give you a fruit knife. something like this.:happy:

Salonpad

Farmhand
The kitchen suggestion was wonderful ! But to be able to do that ConcernedApe will have to redo the whole kitchen system part so i dont think it will be possible...

I have the same money problem too ! All that money but dont know how to spend it4A375761-95B1-4EDA-8F8E-9CA052093A6E.jpeg

What do you think of “tax system” ? It add something new for us to do, bonus new way to play the game 9410674F-A39D-4FDA-9964-D92E8DD9C3D4.jpeg

( your english is great dont worry ,in my case i learn it from watching tv and reading fanfiction so it not perfect either )

Last edited:

chaoswsm

Greenhorn
The kitchen suggestion was wonderful ! But to be able to do that ConcernedApe will have to redo the whole kitchen system part so i dont think it will be possible...

I have the same money problem too ! All that money but dont know how to spend itView attachment 3793

What do you think of “tax system” ? It add something new for us to do, bonus new way to play the game View attachment 3794

( your english is great dont worry ,in my case i learn it from watching tv and reading fanfiction so it not perfect either )
think alrdy have mod that include the tax system :happy: but i havent try it yet

Salonpad

Farmhand
think alrdy have mod that include the tax system :happy: but i havent try it yet
(Sorry for late reply !!)

That mod seem great but different from what i have in mind. The tax system could go like this : Lewis will give us free tax in first year ( easy to getting start and all ) then in second year he will charge us 20% money or more defend on how much money we make , there will be milestones for the amount of money we spend on our tax and we can unlock new things ( like you suggested: construction , events , new townies activities or cool decor for the farm ) CF4F1CAA-7801-44B5-8A7C-5E00BC34E102.jpeg

On the note, since Chinese new year is around the corner i wish you a happy new year my friend.

chaoswsm

Greenhorn
(Sorry for late reply !!)

That mod seem great but different from what i have in mind. The tax system could go like this : Lewis will give us free tax in first year ( easy to getting start and all ) then in second year he will charge us 20% money or more defend on how much money we make , there will be milestones for the amount of money we spend on our tax and we can unlock new things ( like you suggested: construction , events , new townies activities or cool decor for the farm ) View attachment 3840

On the note, since Chinese new year is around the corner i wish you a happy new year my friend.
That's a good idea, but I don't think they'll make such a big change like that, mayb we just have to look forward to the new mods.
I've been busy lately so I'm sorry for the late reply. But happy new year to you too!
stay safe and stay well my friend.😜

Odin

Staff member
That mod seem great but different from what i have in mind. The tax system could go like this : Lewis will give us free tax in first year ( easy to getting start and all ) then in second year he will charge us 20% money or more defend on how much money we make , there will be milestones for the amount of money we spend on our tax and we can unlock new things ( like you suggested: construction , events , new townies activities or cool decor for the farm )
I will note the game does offer the option for you to adjust the farm's profit margin so that you make 25, 50, or 75% of the normal sell price of things. It's available in the new advanced game options menu when starting a new save.

I am a player from China and have been playing for over 100 hours. Now I am facing the problem that I don't know what to spend the money I have on me after the third year.
I am curious... I am not out of money - not even close to. But how can you have so much money in the 3rd year not knowing what to buy? Haven't you spend time for relationship or to collect/explore the surroundings?

Would you be able to add some items that sell for a higher price, such as property, or something that could help with the construction of the town.
Having the possibility to beautify/improve the town may anyway be a good idea.
There is already a mission to buy Pam a house...

Also, the kitchen system in this game is too simple, I think there could be more gameplay, such as some QTE to give your dishes higher quality and improved effects, and failed QTE would turn the dishes into crap with negative effects. this will spend 10-20 mins in the online game, but in real life we just need to spend time to cook, you just need to extend the duration of the food buff, I believe that people are willing to spend 10-20 mins for the effect of the whole day. I know this game is imitating and paying homage to Harvest Moon, and you guys have done a great job, but their cookware system is also very well done, you can buy the appropriate cookware from the TV commercials to cook the appropriate dishes, otherwise you can only cook the most basic things.
I am not a big fan of the cooking part. Maybe others are as well. So in my opinion this addition shouldn't be to complicated.

Salonpad

Farmhand
I will note the game does offer the option for you to adjust the farm's profit margin so that you make 25, 50, or 75% of the normal sell price of things. It's available in the new advanced game options menu when starting a new save.
But it just stalling, like.. grinding but slower than normal to get to the next level (upgrade house, buy corp/barn .v.v) other than that nothing change once you get to the end game . I like to grind but add some spice to it so players wont get bore, especially people who play the game on normal mode if to try advance mode it can get... i dont know what word to describe it, automaton ? Tax just an idea but there could be better options out there tho 😅 I haven’t think of what would happen if you dont pay the tax, it sound better as a mod.

Also i just want to spend money on something..

Salonpad

Farmhand
Actually I dont like the idea of taxes. And as mentioned above you can make the price system harder in the advanced options.
Hard mode can be fun if you wanna try out challenge stuff but yeah the idea definitely need more tweaking for it to fit with the gameplay.

Just came up with an idea, what if u put cookware system into the friendship system?Just like when you become good friends with Willy he will give you a knife to make sushi, and when you become good friends with Evelyn she will give you a fruit knife. something like this.:happy:
Errrg please dont abigail, pam or clint be part of the system. One eats rocks, one is single handedly funding the clinic because of their diet, and clint thinks pulling off the carbon layer is a cooking technique