ABOUT version stardew valley on IOS

Harvtee

Greenhorn
I'm currently playing stardew valley version 1.5 on iOS and it hasn't received any new updates for a year now and I've been playing old seeds of the current version. So let me ask, when I update the game, will the seed of the current map I saved be deleted and will the seed of that map have the update feature added when playing or do I have to create a new seed map to enjoy the new update of that version?

Ereo

Helper
If by seed you mean the random number that is used to calculate random events, that stays the same for each save file.

if you mean whether you will get new content on an old save file, yes, everything will be added. But some things you can only get with a new file (the new farm type) and some differences you won’t notice if you’re already far into the game (the new event in year 1 is different from the following years, recipes are unlocked at different skill levels, etc.).

Every previous update has patched right in. You don't lose your old farms, the new content just joins on. You can continue any previous farm after updates.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Your old saves files update all the same, all you really miss out on is being able to choose the new farm but that can just be done by creating a new save file to explore the update.

The seed will also stay the same but some events predetermined by seed may be changed