About the Junimo Kart Game: i hate it, from the bottom of my heart and with passion!

TRUE STORY!

It badly needs to save progress, whenever you pass 1 stage! Although to be fair(er), it should keep even waypoints progress. Grrrrr

This cabinet and the Work Boots, might end up being the only items i cannot earn, in my main save.
keyboard producers must be involved in the development of this mini game, because for sure there were some farmers who threw their at the wall 😆

HaleyRocks

Farmer
For prairy king, i followed some redditor's advice. Simple on paper, hard on execution though:

1) If you didn't earn 15 or more coins in a stage, especially the earlier or the "easier" ones, reset your day and retry.
2) The first thing you buy, is ammo (damage).
3) Your bonus purchase plans, go like Ammo -> Ammo -> Pistol (firing rate) -> Boots. Alternatively, Ammo -> Pistol -> Ammo -> Boots works too, although harder time.
4) In 3d world with snow, you have to keep a Sherif Badge, for the final fight.

If you beat the boss, game becomes harder. Powerups last shorter time. Coins are fewer. Third playthrough becomes like normal mode, but with many more enemies and here you usually buy the big gun (permanent shotgun powerup, without its handicap).

3d and 4th stage from the first world, 2nd and 3d stage from second world (forest) and the entire 3d world, are a real nightmare. And forget about "cover"; butterflies fly at you straight from the borders of the map or spawn right behind you. Imps can surround you. Basic enemies can swarm you (and many times, will). Powerups and/or coins might not appear at all, while at other times, you will have a barrage of them, being unable to even pick them all up so many that they are. It is so erratic and devoid of logic/patterns, that makes you angry fast. Keyboard is your friend and firing diagonally, your ally. Prioritizing targets is confusing at best (due to short reaction time) and impossible at worst (being swarmed and not having any powerup).

For prairy king, i followed some redditor's advice. Simple on paper, hard on execution though:

1) If you didn't earn 15 or more coins in a stage, especially the earlier or the "easier" ones, reset your day and retry.
2) The first thing you buy, is ammo (damage).
3) Your bonus purchase plans, go like Ammo -> Ammo -> Pistol (firing rate) -> Boots. Alternatively, Ammo -> Pistol -> Ammo -> Boots works too, although harder time.
4) In 3d world with snow, you have to keep a Sherif Badge, for the final fight.

If you beat the boss, game becomes harder. Powerups last shorter time. Coins are fewer. Third playthrough becomes like normal mode, but with many more enemies and here you usually buy the big gun (permanent shotgun powerup, without its handicap).

3d and 4th stage from the first world, 2nd and 3d stage from second world (forest) and the entire 3d world, are a real nightmare. And forget about "cover"; butterflies fly at you straight from the borders of the map or spawn right behind you. Imps can surround you. Basic enemies can swarm you (and many times, will). Powerups and/or coins might not appear at all, while at other times, you will have a barrage of them, being unable to even pick them all up so many that they are. It is so erratic and devoid of logic/patterns, that makes you angry fast. Keyboard is your friend and firing diagonally, your ally. Prioritizing targets is confusing at best (due to short reaction time) and impossible at worst (being swarmed and not having any powerup).
ok maybe i'll give it a try again, thanks for ur advice!

Bawby

Farmer
Oh, the rants I've given about Junimo Kart...
It is a trash heap in an otherwise beautiful game. And that's the common theme with Junimo Kart. It's the anti-something.

Stardew farming, chatting it up with villagers, fishing with the leaves cascading down from the gentle breeze...ahhh, nice and relaxing... Junimo Kart- NO! Enjoy that boulder cascading down on your forehead!
Hmm, with the food, stairs, and sword I got, I can make level 100 with this winning strategy! Junim- HA! Strategy!? Hope you enjoyed that checkpoint 2 feet from the last one, because you ain't gonna see one until the finish line! Strategize THAT!

Oh, the rants I've given about Junimo Kart...
It is a trash heap in an otherwise beautiful game. And that's the common theme with Junimo Kart. It's the anti-something.

Stardew farming, chatting it up with villagers, fishing with the leaves cascading down from the gentle breeze...ahhh, nice and relaxing... Junimo Kart- NO! Enjoy that boulder cascading down on your forehead!
Hmm, with the food, stairs, and sword I got, I can make level 100 with this winning strategy! Junim- HA! Strategy!? Hope you enjoyed that checkpoint 2 feet from the last one, because you ain't gonna see one until the finish line! Strategize THAT!
yes it's so random! the're maybe some hardcore platform gamers that can "see" the next possible jump and connect it immediately to their keyboard control but not me

Oh I truly agree, the minigames are some of the only parts of this game I have not bothered with beyond a quick testing of the waters so to speak

I have never gotten either of the at home console furniture items...
same, but every now and then when theres only the "give 50 gifts" and junimo cart as qi quests i chose the junimo and give it a chance. again. only to see that this is not my kind of game

Lew Zealand

Helper
same, but every now and then when theres only the "give 50 gifts" and junimo cart as qi quests i chose the junimo and give it a chance. again. only to see that this is not my kind of game
When I see those choices, I know it's Mr Qi putting in low effort because he probably just got back from yet another vacation and can't be bothered to set up an actually good pair of quests. So I get a free pass for the week to do nothing or redesign my Farm or do nothing or play Journey of the Prairie King or do nothing. Of course he could choose the Prismatic Grange which I would have finished in 40 in-game minutes for a quick 20 Qi Gems but yeah.

He's really choosing those because he's all out of cash. Spent all his Qi Gems on gambling and booze. I see right through that guy.