Able to change your farm name

BlowyHamilton

Greenhorn
Hey there! I have a suggestion about Stardew Valley. I think it would be nice if we had the option to change our farm name. Sometimes we may accidentally misspell the name or simply want to change it for a different look. Currently, there is no way to change it once it's been selected, even if we've already made a lot of progress in the game. We can already change our player name and favorite thing, so having the ability to change our farm name as well would be a great addition

ISSsloth

Farmer
Yes, this! I've wanted this on the game for so long, since my main save has a farm name that doesn't quite suit the farm anymore. It would make sense for this to be possible in the mayor's manor, similarly to how you can switch from separate to combined wallets in multiplayer.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I guess it's that way because Grandpa left you the farm so it kinda should be set in stone but on the other hand, it's the Farmer's now. We can change the name! Anyway it was probably named "Olde Bagwyndy Snoring Manor" or somesuch before grandpa renamed it so it's high time we get a rename, too!

Ereo

Helper
I think the difficulty is that the save file is named like the farm. It used to be named like the farmer, which was changed to farm name when the possibility to change the farmer name was added.

Draconifors

Planter
Yeah. My current farm is named "East Meadow", when it should have been "West Meadow". Oh well, there must be some meadows west to my farm.
Assuming Stardew Valley is set (in a fictional place) on Earth, if you go west far enough you will definitely find a meadow, even if it's the one east of your farm. :D

As for the OP, I agree it would be a nice option to be able to change the farm name.

I suppose as a "workaround" that doesn't change anything you could place a sign/signs on the farm and/or around the maps, saying something like "Welcome to [new farm name]!" or "Quality produce comes from [new farm name]!".

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I’d like this without having to delve into my files. My main file started when multiplayer got added, has a name that reflects that, but isn’t relevant any longer and wants ever used for multiplayer.

I’ve already changed it from within my files but I couldn’t if I was on console. I don’t think it’d be too hard to change either, and offers some fun opportunities for npcs to comment (or be confused if you change it too much)

SelphieNutter

Greenhorn
I'm not really to bothered about changing the name of my farm. My farm is always called Paradise Farm so the look always fits its name for me, regardless of how much i change it