A way to get Elliot his birthday present if it's raining

ReneeChanlin

Cowpoke
Elliot is my first love and first husband in Stardew and I love to make sure I always have his favourite present ready for him on a new playthrough. About 5 times now, I've had the problem where it's Year 1 and I haven't had time to get his hearts up to 2 points yet, and then my heart breaks because it's raining on his birthday again. One time it happened in Year 1 and 2 and it sucks so much!
I'm not sure what the solution should be, but I noticed that the latest update made it so that Pam won't go to the beach resort on Sandy's birthday, so I was wondering if something similar were possible? Or perhaps the dude could borrow an umbrella to get to the bar just on that one day? It's just not right that he's all alone for his birthday. </3

IntoxicHeart

Planter
Elliot is my first love and first husband in Stardew and I love to make sure I always have his favourite present ready for him on a new playthrough. About 5 times now, I've had the problem where it's Year 1 and I haven't had time to get his hearts up to 2 points yet, and then my heart breaks because it's raining on his birthday again. One time it happened in Year 1 and 2 and it sucks so much!
I'm not sure what the solution should be, but I noticed that the latest update made it so that Pam won't go to the beach resort on Sandy's birthday, so I was wondering if something similar were possible? Or perhaps the dude could borrow an umbrella to get to the bar just on that one day? It's just not right that he's all alone for his birthday. </3
I’ve had this happen on a few playthroughs. It can be frustrating. Especially so, when I hold onto an item that’s on his ‘love’ list. Plus, I always want to give NPC’s gifts on their birthdays. I’ll even wait outside of NPC’s rooms (if I’m no high enough heart levels to enter), just so that I can give them their birthday gifts.

It would be very much nice for somehow to get him his gift on rainy days, without use of mods.

ReneeChanlin

Cowpoke
cant you enter his cabin at 2 hearts? it should be very easy to get in the first fall
Yeah you can, but his birthday is on Fall 5th, which means at best you can only get him two pomegranates by then (unless you get really lucky with the fruit bats). In theory it's probably possible to get him a ton of liked gifts, but doing this the slow way in anticipation of possibly a rainy birthday is super frustrating, when the chances are it's not even necessary and will waste a lot of items you'd rather be selling early on.

Don't forget duck feathers. Those are reasonably obtained by mid summer. Also you can give him lobster but good luck on that. The squid kids in the inferno mine levels give squid ink which normally you wouldn't have reliably until after winter waiting for squids in the pond.

Boo1972

Farmer
My crab pots on my beach farm frequently give me lobsters, much more so it seems than by Willy’s. I’ll admit this works only if you have the beach farm.

He’s also fond of Tom Kha Soup which you can be lucky and find. I think Sandy will send you some too, although getting her hearts up high enough by Elliot’s birthday is definitely a stretch.

but doing this the slow way in anticipation of possibly a rainy birthday is super frustrating, when the chances are it's not even necessary and will waste a lot of items you'd rather be selling early on.
I know what you mean. But it’s worth it (because it’s so romantical) and doesn’t have to be very slow. You have to give him four gifts in two weeks (two gifts per non-sequential week). You’ll get bonus friendship points on Sunday morning if he has gotten two gifts that week.

Also, if you only introduce yourself to ONLY Elliott for the first two or three weeks, he’ll post a job for you on the help wanted board. Only Robin and Mayor Lewis will dilute Elliot’s requests, making a job from Elliot more likely. Using one job for Elliot + two liked gifts in a week two times, you should be able to get two hearts with him before the Spring is out. Talk to him every time he leaves his cabin. Also you get bonus points once you finally meet and greet all the townies.

imnvs

Local Legend
I know what you mean. But it’s worth it (because it’s so romantical) and doesn’t have to be very slow. You have to give him four gifts in two weeks (two gifts per non-sequential week). You’ll get bonus friendship points on Sunday morning if he has gotten two gifts that week.

Also, if you only introduce yourself to ONLY Elliott for the first two or three weeks, he’ll post a job for you on the help wanted board. Only Robin and Mayor Lewis will dilute Elliot’s requests, making a job from Elliot more likely. Using one job for Elliot + two liked gifts in a week two times, you should be able to get two hearts with him before the Spring is out. Talk to him every time he leaves his cabin. Also you get bonus points once you finally meet and greet all the townies.
If you never open your inventory (you are not auto-introduced to Robin and Lewis until you do so) and introduce yourself to nobody but Elliot you will be guaranteed to only get help wanted quests from him.

This will make crafting difficult, but if you can manage to get enough to buy a workbench from Robin, you can get access to crafting without opening your inventory. (Blade used this trick that I came up with in order to marry Haley as quickly as humanly possible to marry literally anyone in this game. You can read the saga as we figured out all the details as well as those details here: Getting Married Spring 17 Year 1. Have I missed a friendship source?)

Oh yeah. That thread was extremely helpful for me in my quest to dance with Leah in my very first flower dance (without buying her any salads and without missing out on too much early game money). It wasn’t quite as steep a goal as Blade’s but it made my farmer Smokey so happy and he felt accepted into the community at an early stage.

Last edited: